PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair and Spanish Cabin Crew

newswatcher
9th Dec 2003, 17:06
Have just spent a long weekend on the Costa Dorada courtesy of Ryanair(£22 return!). Bit concerned on the outbound trip to Reus (Friday AM) that I found it very difficult to understand the cabin announcements, particularly the safety demonstration, which were given in heavily acccented English. I'm sure it makes sense to employ Spanish personnel, where one of the route ends is in Spain, but I have to question whether the balance has gone a little too far in the "wrong" direction, when it proves necessary to frequently turn to one's travelling companion and ask "What did she say?" :confused:

WHBM
18th Dec 2003, 02:08
Looks like you got the cabin crew I've had from Stansted to Prestwick on more than one occasion. I don't think FR have a Reus crew base so they would have been from Stansted. Fact they were Spanish probably a chance.

There's a (Yugoslav?) skipper with FR out of Prestwick. Good pilot, does neat VOR holds in cloud in the old 732 waiting to get into Stansted (I was impressed with that bit), but can't understand his PA at all (nor can those seated around me). Wonder what ATC make of it.

kpiko3
18th Dec 2003, 02:48
Ryanair have a Canadian and an irish skipper based at Prestwick both of whom I know.Ryanair seem to have tonnes of pilots based evreywhere from around the world.

Kpiko3

BEagle
22nd Dec 2003, 03:13
I'd heard it was 24 different nationalities who fly for O'Ratner.....