PDA

View Full Version : Qf802 Per-mel 08dec

topend3
9th Dec 2003, 09:31
The aircraft (VH-EBD "TRARALGON") was scheduled to depart at 1020, it arrived at 1000 so, no drama, new dep time of 1105, I think it is a good move to put the airbuses back on the intl routes as they struggle to turn them around on late arrivals, we didn't board till 1105, as they were still cleaning up till then. lets face it, qf can't even turn a 737 around in 30 mins let alone a 303 seat A330.

Anyway we spent the next 2 and a half hours on the aircraft while they sorted out this problem with the flaps. The Captain, surname Herberts, told us the computer was saying they needed a routine check even though they were working fine. we pushed back at 1302, after they had reset the whole aircraft systems.

I just wanted to say that they handled the delay really well, the Captain gave us regular updates and the cabin crew did all they could to inform us of what was going on. They brought us water and turned on the IFE to ease the boredom. You always get grumpy people who were going to miss connections and that, but the cabin crew handled them really well. We arrived in MEL around 2.5 hours late and en route the cc organised all the connecting peoples flight details for them and read them out on the PA.

I work for a DJ-associated company and normally fly DJ but just wanted to say i thought QF staff did a good job under trying circumstances...

Eurocap
10th Dec 2003, 15:29
Well done.

I'm surprised that there isn't more comment.

It's good to see positive responses to an otherwise negative situation.

Prop's ????
12th Dec 2003, 08:58
I don’t understand, why all the praise?

Why did they board the aircraft in the first place?

The flight was only 2 hours and 42 minutes late!

Most people don’t like waiting on aircraft more then 15 minutes. This all happened around lunch time. I bet the majority would have preferred lunch to some water.

The captain’s updates, well he has to say something to stop customers ramming down his door.

Yes, all in all Qantas did the best they could. I would never expect any more from them.

They have to prepare for their new airline, and hang on to what customers they have.

Sorry for the negativity, I just can’t see the how this post is interesting.

*Lancer*
12th Dec 2003, 10:46
Then don't post