PDA

View Full Version : Galeb

Itswindyout
9th Dec 2003, 01:26
A few years ago there was a Galeb at the Biggin Hill Air Show. Does anyone have any idea what happened to it, is it still flying or what. The engine was a RR Viper, lovely noise.......Hope it comes back to the air show circuit....I have some photos but would love to get some video..(also for the noise!!!!!). Thanks.

Zlin526
9th Dec 2003, 04:25
YU-YAB is parked at North Weald at the moment. Rumour has it that it's going to be flying again soon.

SATCO Biggin
9th Dec 2003, 16:22
The G2A Galebs were brought into the country with the aim of selling them to the public, like the L39, JP etc.

There was, however, very little interest and of the four that were hangared at Biggin I believe 2 went home, one went to the USA and one went to North Weald, (YU-YAB).

An outfit called FCS Ltd who frequently advertise a KraguJ for sale may be able to help you further.

Regards

BBCapt
9th Dec 2003, 18:29
There is a new syndicate forming to operate a second machine ( I believe one of the sisters of YU-YAB ) due into the UK very soon, and to go on to the UK reg. Check out the ad in 'Todays Pilot' mag. I know of the instigator, and they really do want to do it right! Looks quite a good deal too, wish I could justify one myself!

VP8
10th Dec 2003, 00:46
Is the one at Manston still there??

When we were down there filming the new James Bond with the AN124 I saw one parked on the grass near the fence (red & white if I remember correctly)

VEEPS