PDA

View Full Version : Why is so difficult to have an Airline job????

brazilian
7th Dec 2003, 19:59
I'd like to know why is so difficult to have an Airline Job. I haven't the chance to fly a jet yet. Why don't the companies, in general, t give us the first opportunity to have a job? I'm sure that the most of us are able to fly a commercial jet. Of corse, If someone has ĪNTERNAL RECOMMENDATION" the process is easier. This should change.....I'm not angry, but we need to change that.

Man Flex
7th Dec 2003, 21:10
Everyone wants to be an airline pilot! It's much more interesting, challenging and satisfying than most other careers and it has always had an air of glamour about it. Pilots are seen to be intelligent, sociable, brave? The job has always attracted people to it as it is assumed to be a career that can bring rich financial rewards.

The reality is sometimes quite different!

As such there will always be too many pilots and not enough jobs. The airlines may therefore pick and choose whom they employ. They often take people with previous experience and in many cases those who have the relevant type rating which is both less of a risk to the company and reduces training costs.

Some airlines however are less attractive than others and therefore it is the commuter, turbo-prop and freight operators who often find themselves having to recruit newly qualified pilots as and when vacancies occur. These happen much more frequently as people move on to jet operators who promise a better lifestyle and more money.

Air traffic volume is expected to double in the next two decades and as retirements occur opportunites will present themselves for the newly qualified guy.

Whether there will ever be too many jobs and not enough pilots is a situation I doubt will ever occur!