PDA

View Full Version : Air Scandic

WHBM
7th Dec 2003, 17:09
Can anyone offer an explanation of who exactly is the operator of the Air Scandic charter fleet out of Manchester. The names Air Scandic, Lapland Air, Air Cordial, Minerva and Finnair (who own all the aircraft) appear to be used interchangeably.

And where is the actual HQ? Manchester? Jersey? Helsinki?

MaxMet
7th Dec 2003, 20:21
I believe is owned by Mr John Walsh and he resides in Jersey.

johnwalton
8th Dec 2003, 01:41
Their registered head office is

4a Britannia Place
Bath Street
St Helier
Jersey
JE2 4SU

They lease the aircraft from Finnair, but operate under the Air Cordial Air Operators Certificate.

Air Scandic is owned by "Minerva Financial Services Ltd" (whether Mr Walsh is anything to do with that or not i don't know). I think Lapland Air was a name fielded as a possibility when they were considering changing the Air Scandic trading name; but nothing seems to have changed as yet.

Ikkle!
8th Dec 2003, 03:11
Finnair own the aircraft...

starship
8th Dec 2003, 04:58
Air Scandic = Trading name under which several smaller facets trade (catering, crew, company brand).

Air Cordial = AOC holder on which the A300's operate, based in MAN. Cabin crew training etc in accordance with this AOC.

Finnair = Where the B757's are damp leased from for the summer, Finnair flightdeck operating on detachment, SCY cabin crew. Cabin crew operating on the Finnair aircraft convert onto 757 in Helsinki with Finnair normally after the A300 initials with Air Cordial.

Lapland Air = Involved in the employment of crew.

Crewing normally contracted out to outside source.

Chairman not Walsh.....replace the a with an e.

Office for uk correspondence as stated above in Jersey.

Great company, great people.

Cheers,

starship :cool: