PDA

View Full Version : US troops vandalizing Iraqi civil acft-is this true?

RUDAS
7th Dec 2003, 16:20
I read (I think in Time magazine?) from a few weeks back that apparently US troops stationed at Baghdad Airport have vandalized and stripped a number of Iraqi Airlines' aircraft for no apparent reason other than boredom/souvenirs.Is this story true? If it is,its disgraceful.Anybody got any clarification on this?
What planes are left intact at Baghdad?

DSR10
7th Dec 2003, 20:43
Destroy the Civilian Fleet then award mega dollar contract to Boeing for new replacements. Madness continues as US panic sets in.

non sched
7th Dec 2003, 21:00
I will tell you the one thing I know to be true for sure. After the troops took the airport in Baghdad it was noted the the Air France equipment was riddled with bullet holes. Seems the soldiers used them to vent their anger.

Moose 9
7th Dec 2003, 23:14
Rudas,

I know for sure that when the troops moved the remaining aircraft to the north western part of the terminal they damaged them during the move,I know for defenite there is a 747 SP there in Iraq Airways colours as for the others haven't really paid attention,however whether there was anything left to vandalise I am not sure.When we first went into Baghdad there were engines left in plastic wrapping strewn all over the airport which apparently was done when the Iraqi's realised that an airport invasion was imminent.As for the troops we worked with during the initial setup of the airport for civil flights they never struck me as the type to take souvenirs,but that was there platoon.Heard stories of guys trying to take carpets etc. belonging to the Bath Party home with them though!! I think they have more important issues to worry about at the moment,like trying to stay alive!!

FFP
8th Dec 2003, 22:58
Never mind the US, what about the :mad: animals in Basra that decided to :mad: in all the drawers and cupboard, play chicken with 2 crash vehicles and ruin the radar room ?

Apparently . . . . . . . . . .:rolleyes:

Brain Potter
9th Dec 2003, 01:12
And I wonder in which donkey-wallopers mess the marble floor from the terminal now resides?