PDA

View Full Version : VLM Fk50 LPL-LCY

SM82
6th Dec 2003, 23:53
As VLM are starting LPL-LCY early next year does anybody know if they will be recruiting LPL based cabincrew or using existing MAN crew.
Thanks

winch launch
7th Dec 2003, 01:35
Hi
VLM is a flamish compagny based at brussels. So I am not sure that they would employ cabin crew at leeds. In addition, I read an article about this airline recently saying that the guy that set up this airline was very patriotic and had the dream of creating a 100% flamish airline. Of course they have to accept your application if u r an EU citizen. But I guess that you have to speak flamish very well. But I might be wrong and it s worth having a look.
Good Luck!

winch

Arrowhead
7th Dec 2003, 03:33
WL

Unless things have changed radically in the last three years or so, you are talking cack.

My sister used to work for them, and I have flown them many times, and they have pilots from all over Europe.

Flypuppy
7th Dec 2003, 03:34
VLM (Vlaams Luchtvaart Maatschapij) is a Belgian based airline (Vlaams being the Dutch speaking section of Belgium). They employ quite a few Dutchmen/women and I believe they are also looking at taking on a few Brits for the UK internal flights between Liverpool Manchester and London City.

Their employment section of their website can be found HERE (http://www.vlm-airlines.com/about_Jobs.asp)

winch launch
7th Dec 2003, 05:32
ok sorry, that s the impression I had. I have lived in brussels for long ( iam french belgium) and there are some polemics about flamish compagnies being to patriotic. After Sabena bancruptie for example, there was a scandal because 80% of the pilot that were offered a place at SN brussels(which is mainly held by flamish people) were flamish. It s true that despite they have a base in brussels, a lot is going around from london city airport. But I thought that they were using london city as a kind of hub. But i did really read that the CEO of the compagny wanned to make a very flamish compagny. But if they employ people from all over europe then that s great!

Winch launch

opsmaneurope
7th Dec 2003, 06:09
I think you might find they are based in Antwerpen!

winch launch
7th Dec 2003, 09:27
mmyea I thought they were based in brussels because their aircraft reg start with 00-... ( belgium), and I saw a lot of activity going on from brussels. But I checked and their headquarters are in antwerp so I guess that you are right. But I think they probably have planes based in brussels too.
But so if they have cabin crew based in england, is it the same for pilots? A friend of mine back in belgium who has a fATPL and is looking for jobs told me that he was pretty sure that you must speak flamish to fly for VLM as a pilot. If anyone has infos about that, thanx in advance.