PDA

View Full Version : Security strike at MAN?

sacktheboard
6th Dec 2003, 21:18
Security workers at Manchester Airport have overwhelmingly rejected MAPlc's latest pay offer in a recent ballot according to the TGWU regional Industrial orginiser Brian Bowan.

18 months ago workers had no choice but to except a 40-50% pay cut and an increase from a 38 to 42 hour working week, less sick pay and rotten rosters etc etc.

Manchester Airport Security are the lowest paid in-house security in the country.

During the last 18 months directors on the board have enjoyed 50% plus pay rises and bonuses of £49,000 for some this year and tens of thousands of pounds poured into their pension funds.

If management don't act quickly and offer a living wage similar to what BAA pay their workforce, then there could be trouble ahead!

soddim
6th Dec 2003, 21:52
As a user I believe that security staff should be paid enuff to allow them to focus on their job without the stress of coping on poor pay or in disputes arising from it and the trouser polishers had better be more aware what discontent their greed nurtures.

pilgrim
6th Dec 2003, 23:15
Sackthe board you say40/50% paycut , so they are working for what 4/6 quid an hour. MAN is not a BAA airport so why pay BAA rates, because they dont have to. How commited to your job would you be for this payment and after tax a very low salary. Would any of use in the industry want to deal with disruptive pax or worse for this pay me thinks not, i,ll steer clear of MAN if i can.The airport authority there is inviting problems