PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Returns!

The Guvnor
30th Aug 2001, 01:38
HGTG returns to Radio 4 on the 5th September. PPRuNers around the world can listen to it live on the Net by going to www.bbc.co.uk (http://www.bbc.co.uk) and clicking on the R4 link in the bottom right hand corner.

There's also going to be a tribute to Douglas Adams broadcast this weekend - not too sure when exactly, does anyone know? :D :D :D

tony draper
30th Aug 2001, 01:57
More good news, Father Ted begins a rerun on the Comedy Channel starting Sunday. :)

Mycroft
30th Aug 2001, 04:04
They have also released Father Ted series 1 on vidoe/DVD (series 3 was released as a set when it first came out, but series 1 and 2 previously only available as selected episodes.) TD will be very happy as the DVD includes extra bits, including writers notes

HugMonster
30th Aug 2001, 18:43
Best news I've heard in years - thanks, Guv! :p :p :p

WeatherJinx
30th Aug 2001, 19:21
So as well as opining on everything else in the world, The Guvnor is now telling us what to watch on telly and listen to on radio... why, oh why oh why? ...etc, ad nauseam...

...and another thing..it wasn't like this when we flew Comets...Ohh what a lovely graceful bird she was...all British you know...jumpers for goalposts, Norman Tebbit...etc....etc....

WxJx ;)

PS - Only kidding Guv! I just thought you'd kind of miss the pointless, sniping abuse if it didn't appear!

PPS - HG2G Tribute details are:

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

Sat 1 Sep, 10:30 - 11:00 30 mins

Friends and colleagues of the late Douglas Adams pay tribute to the creator of The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Including contributions from Stephen Fry, Griff Rhys Jones and Simon Brett.

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: WeatherJinx ]

The Guvnor
30th Aug 2001, 21:03
WxJx - thanks for the info on the So Long and Thanks for all the Fish broadcast. I shall be listening!

As for the abuse ... I'm surprised that Who?, Blowawayjet and Notso Fantastic haven't put their oar in yet ... probably don't sully themselves with JetBlast! :D :D :D

ft
31st Aug 2001, 22:10
I thought about expressing my thoughts on this in excruciating detail but figured
"Why bother",
and decided to write what it would look like instead. So here goes.

Bloody ***** ****, the *** ****** show ******* runs just during the **** ** ******* weeks when I'll *** be without a **** ****** ***** connection to the ******** **** net!

I'm religious about it, you know... :(

Cheers,
/ft

ExSimGuy
1st Sep 2001, 06:58
As long as the flights are not to full at the end of the "Labor Day" weekend, I should just about be back in Blighty in time - but what time on R4 on the 5th - and is it going to be weekly? (I'm only back in UK for a week before heading back to Mid-East)

HOORAY - - - Eleven Hundred Pointless Posts!! (I gotta get a life !!)

The Guvnor
1st Sep 2001, 13:04
ExSimGuy - you'll be able to listen on line assuming that the KSA Thought Police don't ban it!! For all you HG2G fans, here's everything you need to know: BBC Hitchikers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/)

Incidentally, HG2G will be broadcast at 1830 on Wednesdays from the 5th September.

[ 01 September 2001: Message edited by: The Guvnor ]

ExSimGuy
1st Sep 2001, 15:50
AAAAHHH !!

Download, burn to CD - I just heard that we're getting ADSL in Saudi - not at home but I can get it at the office!

I already have one CD of the first episodes, so I'll be collecting the rest!

[ 01 September 2001: Message edited by: ExSim ]

captainowie
5th Sep 2001, 16:44
I wasn't aware that one of the greatest comedy writers that the multiverse has ever known had passed away. Why didn't anybody tell me!!! :eek:

Does anyone know where I could purchase a CD/download of the radio play from Australia? I could buy from BBC online, but I would like to know how much I'm actually spending (exchance rates, bank fees etc).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Captainowie.

Capt EFIS
6th Sep 2001, 17:20
Just remember the answer to the ultimate question is "42".

Loved the book, it would have to be one of the all time clasics.

Cheers,
Capt EFIS.

You want it when?
6th Sep 2001, 18:42
I've got all 6 CDs that I guess I could copy if people wanted and I ever work out how to get the CD copier going at home.

I'd insist on a notable contribution into Douglas Adams favourite charity if anyone knows it? Otherwise RNLI / NSPCC.

Also a great book "Dirk Gentlys Holistic Detective Agency". The cat isn't missing, it's waveform has temporarily collapsed.

Grainger
6th Sep 2001, 20:34
Always thought "Holistic" was a pecuilar expression... Of all words, it's probably one of the worst to have bits missing :rolleyes:

And why is it that 'whole' and 'hole' mean pretty much opposite things anyway ? :confused: