PDA

View Full Version : New Topic

tony draper
30th Aug 2001, 01:01
We have had threads on many topics here,
We have discused the heat death of the universe,
Isostatic equilibrium,super string theory, up quarks,
strange quarks,dendocronology, and many more .
As yet we have not as yet gone deeply into the subject of sheds,
I have noted in the past that there appeared to be
some experties on this thorny topic among the posters on this forum
So Sheds, a blessing or curse?. ;)

Bally Heck
30th Aug 2001, 01:12
Manufactured by Shorts or B & Q Tony?

tony draper
30th Aug 2001, 01:14
Hmmm,I thought so, name dropping shed wannabee's enter this thread at their peril. ;)

tony draper
30th Aug 2001, 01:35
My apologies if I seemed terse Mr BH, but as you know it is a subject that everyone seems to think they are qualified to have a opinion on.
We have all sat in restaurants and been forced to listen to some fool on a nearby table hold forth about shed's, and how he, having had MS SimShed on his hard drive for six months, is now a expert on all sheds, and if his guest would simply furnish him with wood and nails he would have one erected in a trice.
One has to excercise extreme self control on these occasions.

Gash Handlin
30th Aug 2001, 02:15
Mr D,

I seem to recall quite a discussion about sheds not too long ago.

Mainly centered around the exploits of a fellow pruners neighbour, I think in the end the shed had been delivered, erected and had the necessary coating applied.

Perhaps this would be an oportune moment for an update on the shed in question, Has it withstood the onslaught of August rains? Do curtains adorn the windows? Are strange noises emitted from the shed in the early hours of the morning?

We have a right to know!!!!!!

Flintstone
30th Aug 2001, 02:21
Well Tony, I am sitting in my shed right now.

When I moved in here it was just a bare wooden shell but I knew it could be better. It could be marvellous. It could be great!

I lined the inside with heavy grade polythene (not the lightweight cheap stuff) then I stapled rockwool type loft insulation to the walls and ceiling but first I had to cut it into thinner layers because the stuff I had was to BS4732 which needs to be 150mm thick and meet the very stringent fire standards recently introduced under Local Authority Building Regulations. Once that was in place I routed the twin core plus earth 24 amp ring main wire to where I wanted the power points taking care to note where the various screws and nails might go afterward and thus avoid tripping the circuit breaker. By the way I found it much cheaper to buy the flex from Wickes by the 50m roll and I have some left over if you'd like it for your own shed.

After that I nailed up the plasterboard and then taped over the joints. Personally I prefer plain scrim tape to the pre-pasted variety and again I found it cheaper to buy a roll so there's some left over for those little jobs that crop up from time to time.

After that it was time to paint. I thought about buying some but then realised I had about six tins of remnants and by sheer luck they were all emulsion because as you know you can't mix emulsion and gloss like my Aunt Esmie did once. Made a shocking mess of her downstairs privy. Used to make her dizzy it did until she could get some local handyman to come in and spruce up the decor around her high flush cistern.

The next job was the phone and power points. Now, you have to be careful when screwing these on because if you overtighten the screws you'll crack the plastic and then where will you be? While we're talking electrics I also had to put in the fluorescent light strip but I forgot to get a diffuser and if I'm not careful I get one of my migraines but I was lucky enough to pick up a sweet little desklamp from 'B&Q' during a sale. It's a nice shade of green and compliments the walls nicely apart from the brown spots on the ceiling where I opened a warm can of Coke the other day but fortunately I had the foresight to put a bit of the paint aside for little accidents so that's a job for the weekend. Oh, and I put in one of those greenhouse heaters on a thermostat switch which just keeps the chill off and is very economical.

Last task was a desk. My shed is a bit too small for a proper desk so being a bit cautious with the funds I managed to get an offcut from Wickes which just fits nicely and holds all my computer things.

Anyway. There you go. That's my shed. What's yours like Tony? :)

Davaar
30th Aug 2001, 02:40
This is disappointing. I had expected geological or geographical apercus on rivers flowing north or south or for that matter east or west. Can any light be shed on this?

You want it when?
30th Aug 2001, 02:43
I need a shed - it's that or else I have to clear some space in the garage. A 7 by 5 would fit nicely. YWIW junior/shrimp could lose all his toys in it!

Such bliss. :D

Lets have a good old fashioned shed raising party. A whoopin' and a hollarin' Mr D. can play the fiddle and we can raise it like my old gran pappy did in the wild west...

Opps my reality waveform has collapsed. Off to chat!

tony draper
30th Aug 2001, 03:06
Your Aunt has a downstairs privy,
Mr Flintstone?
little did Draper realise when starting this thread that we would have members of the aristocracy posting on sheds.
Pardon my Fowardness Mr F,but as this is a shed of ,shall we say, upper crust construction, have you concidered err,the guttering situation?,
The instalation of gargoyles and such, perhaps the odd stone lion at the approaches to this shed?.

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

FlyingForFun
30th Aug 2001, 14:07
I have to admit I think td is correct.

In the short time I've been a PPRuNer I've felt able to comment on the situation in Northern Ireland, even though I've never been there, I've defended Richard Littlejohn, even though I've never met him, I've argued for my Englishness and Britishness despite having not had a holiday in Britain for 5 years.

But I know my limits, and I know that sheds are well beyond my limits. I take my hat off (despite not wearing one at the moment) to people like Flintstone who are able to comment so knowledgeably about such a complex subject.

FFF
-----------

Bally Heck
30th Aug 2001, 15:41
Must call foul here.

Reading Flintstones shed saga, I thought it sounded a bit familiar. So I did a bit of research, and I found it. Flintstone knows nothing of sheds. He has lifted verbatim, plagiarised if you will, stolen the words from, copied!

Yes he has access to the Shorts of Belfast assembly manuals for the SD360!!

Shame on you Sir! You make me ashamed to be a shed wannabe!

tony draper
30th Aug 2001, 15:58
This is dastardly indeed, do these people pay no heed to all our ancestors who gave their lives in the shed wars of the fifteenth century.
Blood shed willingly, if you will excuse the pun, in order that all Englishmen have the freedom to own, build and bear sheds, with no fear of let or hinderance.

Golden Monkey
30th Aug 2001, 16:21
Although I have met many Englishmen throughout the years, I must confess I have never noticed any so large of frame as to conceivably have the wherewithal to bear a shed. In either the brandishing or birthing sense.

Feeton Terrafirma
30th Aug 2001, 16:54
I need a new shed. My old shed is broken, and old. On another thread, someone promised they would deliver a shed, but so far, nothing. I'd hate to think of it as a broken promise, so I just continue to wait for it's arrival. One day.....................

When it does arrive it will be 2000 x 3000 x 2100 high with double swing doors opening a full metre in the 3 metre side. I have choosen a pale green colour bond steel construction, set on a cement base. One side of the doors will be used for cupboards and draws. Storage for all items large and small. The other side will store the lawn mower, and other large garden tools. At the end will be a small work bench, more for show than anything else, but a requirement of any proper shed.

Gee, I can't wait............

Flintstone
30th Aug 2001, 18:26
Ahhh Feeton. I dream of a steel shed.

Mr Draper. While I don't quite have gargoyles I do have a concrete gnome on the roof. I hasten to add that I did not buy it but found it in the garden when I moved in.

Guttering? Now there's an idea.........

RW-1
30th Aug 2001, 18:35
Ahh, Steel sheds ... Well come one come all across the pond to shed nirvana, for Sears and most other home outfitting outfits have prefab steel sheds, and some even aluminum!

I'm shedding tears ...

Tricky Woo
30th Aug 2001, 18:59
No pressing requirement for a shed at the moment due to a distinct lack of garden.

I'd make room for an Anderson Shelter, though. Saved my Nan's life during the Blitz, so I won't hear a word against 'em. A ex-neighbour back in Blighty used to keep pigeons in one. I've also heard that they are often used to store gardening implements, thereby removing any obligation to sully one's garden with an unsightly shed.

Such versatility is unparalleled IMHO.

TW

tony draper
30th Aug 2001, 20:41
A little known fact is that Frank Lloyd Wright,
copied his prize winning shed, Falling Water, (thats the one that has all the architechture lovies cooing and burbling)
from a pigeon cree built over a sewage outflow on the banks of the river tyne, another case of shed plagerism.

Loki
31st Aug 2001, 00:24
I think it was Le Corbusier who described a house as "a machine for living in" or something like that. If that is true , what is a shed for? I sometimes sulk in mine, or contemplate the lawnmower before deciding to go down to the pub instead. What about other ppruners? I expect Mr Draper has some dark and sinister use for his.

Mac the Knife
31st Aug 2001, 01:46
When Mac moved into his present abode a few days with a machete uncovered an excellent reinforced concrete double shed at end of the garden. Built like an A-bomb shelter.

Only thing is, one of the reinforcing rods in the flat roof seems to be slowly corroding and spalling off the concrete in one area on the inside. Shed is snug and dry & I anoint the roof yearly with sealer and it doesn't leak and I've tried painting the exposed rod with Q-Rust but this doesn't seem to halt the slow progression.

Any ideas?

Coldest and wettest winter in 40 years in Cape Town by the way. Roll on summer!

IMHO sheds are for procrastinating in...

mad-andy
31st Aug 2001, 02:12
Oh to have a Steel Shed <LUXURY> but thinking about it are there set backs to owning one??
My old 8`x 12` wood shed I am able to bang an old nail in and hang up all the assorted spares I find that "might one day come in handy"like the spare alternator for my old triumph or seat for the old GT250,hanging my fishing rods from the roof.Knocking out the knots so i can spy on the students nextdoor sunbathing,ect,ect.I am also glad to know I`m not the only one with a gnome on the roof,if I had a steel shed would it slide off,or can you get `Gnome Grips` for them?
I must say though the idea of a gutter for the shed sounds a great idea,another excuse to go up the shed for the day.
Just one last thing,why does the cuppa tea taste better when brewed in the shed??????

tony draper
31st Aug 2001, 14:49
As yet Draper does not own a shed,but the sale of the business moves
forward apace, and once the share options have been realised,
Draper has his eye on a small island off the west coast of Scotland.
The topography and geology lends itself to the construction of a shed
of the first water.
The castle will have to go of course,and those crofters, and those silly
dry stone walls, there may be some initial resistance but I am given to
understand that large hairy Glasweigians can be hired at a reasonable rate,
I will ask them to encourage these turnip farmers to leave.
Draper is well known in the shed world for his contribution to Professor Clacks
magnum opus,(The Shed from Neolithic to post modernist Britain).
Draper has toyed with the Gothic, mused on the Classic, but has arrived at
the Vernacular, a simple construction well water and weather proofed,
with substancial guttering, (Draper has a thing about guttering).
Once Drapers plans come to fruition he shall spend the rest of his days
ensconed in this magnificent construction, watching the foolishness of the
world go by with amused distain.

Velvet
31st Aug 2001, 15:22
Tony why do you need well water in your shed - does this have some special significance. Are you going to have a proper downpipe, from the guttering, and into a wooden barrel.

Can we have an inaugural 'Shed Bash' with a proper unveiling and ribbon cutting.

arrow2
31st Aug 2001, 15:25
I continue to be seriously worried and concerned for the health of Mr Draper! Is there anything I can do to help? Padded lining for the shed perhaps??

A2

You want it when?
31st Aug 2001, 15:46
Draper - you will of course need a line of sight microwave transmitter for internet connection, to ensure that we continue to be bewildered and baffled by the tortuous twists of your conversations.

I'd suggest old fashioned 8" guttering in Scotland as the run off swamps this girlie 12cm stuff you have to buy these days. :D

pulse1
31st Aug 2001, 20:24
A word of warning to you all. A shed is not just for Xmas – it is a life long commitment and should not be taken on lightly. If you look after your shed it will look after you. Don’t do what I did. I let the rain get in, the wind blew the roof off and I had to have it destroyed, along with all the creepy crawly things that lived under it. I am now utterly shedless and the poorer because of it.

Flintstone
31st Aug 2001, 23:28
Mad Andy,

I am pleased as punch to hear that you too have a 'Gnome de Shed'. Plastic or something more robust?

Tony, I am in awe of you plans.

As a matter of interest, what sort of toolbox does everyone have? ;)

tony draper
31st Aug 2001, 23:46
Draper has all the comunications taken care of by the purchase of a satellite inadvertently blown into geosynchronous orbit over Scotland when the French launch vehicle exploded at five hundred feet, tee hee, tee hee, again.titter titter titter.
It only remains to arrange docking close by Draper island for his submarine, this may be necessary should Drapers plans for world domination fail again.

Gash Handlin
31st Aug 2001, 23:48
To digress slightly Mr D,

If you do find yourself in the position of needing to hire a hairy weegie to encourage those irksome crofters to dessert your island can I recommend the chap below, goes by the name of Deek01 and can often be found lurking around chat.

Hairy Weegies 'R' us (http://www.derekpake.flyer.co.uk/edibash0801/0801edibash47.jpg)

tony draper
1st Sep 2001, 00:08
Really Mr Gash ,you suprise me, such a visage may frighten those southern fops,Londoner's ect. but by the standards of the north that chap looks positivly handsome and benign.

Toolboxes,TOOLBOXES, Hmmm, this is a worrying development, someone has discovered or has prior knowledge of Draper's toolbox fetish.

[ 31 August 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Hagbard the Amateur
1st Sep 2001, 01:10
I only have faith however in truly manual sheds - various useful shedionics, sure but all of this plank by wire stuff? Nahh.

Loki
1st Sep 2001, 01:12
Draper esq:

Toolboxes?

I`ve a number of those. The smallest is full of small implements for the assembly of scale model aircraft. The next biggest contains bicycle fettling tools. Next one up has car fixing gear inside. Finally the large one which is allegedly full of DIY stuff but, much to Mrs Lokis despair, has not been opened for a long time so I don`t really know. I plan to add another with all the paraphernalia for PC fixing soon.

tony draper
1st Sep 2001, 01:45
I love it when you talk dirty like that Mr L. :)

mad-andy
1st Sep 2001, 04:57
Flintstone,
My `gnome de shed` is a old fashion concrete model,the pushing the wheelbarrow model with the standard flakey paint(i suspect the neighbours tom cat).
Now the tool-box is the old wood chest model,approx 1978 with the broken lock,acked up by the handy canvass shoulder bag where you find all the useful tools.
Now another thing occurred to me today when it started to rain,do the `Steel Shed` roofs make alot of noise when it rains,as opposed to the standard felt and hardboard?.This could be another minus in the choice of shed you buy...........

Davaar
1st Sep 2001, 05:57
How little you know, you rich guys who have houses AND sheds. Postings sneer at RAF Valley of today, but 40-odd years ago No 7 site there consisted of steel sheds called Nissen Huts, fifteen or so years old and acceptable only to officers. The troops would never have stood for it. Yes, there was much noise in the rain, but that noise outside and relative dryness inside made it quite cosy. The proletariat had new accommodation, but at the expense of rain-noise. Most of the sheds, or huts as we haut mondaines called them, leaked. In my small portion of one, one overleapt the puddle between door and bed; but did not light the iron stove, to avoid inconvenience to the mice or birds nesting around the exit pipe. Where e'er you may roam, however, there's no place like Home.

Feeton Terrafirma
1st Sep 2001, 09:37
Rain on the steel decking roof........ a troooly home making sound. (sounds the same as old fashioned corrigated iron)

As to tool boxes, well I could go on and on but suffice to say, I like to put my tool in a box ;)

Elliot Moose
1st Sep 2001, 21:01
I plan to commence work on my very own custom shed within a couple of days. I hope to have a nice concrete slab poured within a week so I can start raising as soon as I'm back from a stint far away around Oct 1. My main concern is being able to move the snowmobile in and out whilst still leaving room for a small bench, all of the shovels and rakes and implements of destruction, etc. which are presently filling the garage and preventing me from getting any other work done.
At least winter comes a lot later down here in the sun belt. The last shed I built (a noble upright log affair with footings made from an old hydro pole, floor from discarded pallets and lumber salvaged from the local dump, and roof sheeting liberated from a fence which was closer to horizontal than vertical) went up in constant snow in late September. What fun that was! Had to stop and shovel every now and again or I would lose my tools, and the bar on the chainsaw kept freezing up with the slush (which is a real pain when one is building a log shed).

In other news...Mrs. Moose is mostly concerned with the colour of the siding, curtains and making sure there are window boxes on the finished product. :rolleyes:

tony draper
2nd Sep 2001, 00:41
One musn't forget the chair, Draper favour's the old fashioned type rocker, near enough to the workbench so that the feet can reach it of course.
Women don't understand sheds, they see them as a threat, if sheds were compulsary marriages would last much longer.
Here's a thought, if Enstein had had a shed to sit in, instead of sitting about in fag coffee shops, we would have had a Unified Field Theory years ago.

[ 01 September 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Loki
2nd Sep 2001, 01:01
Draper esq:

You have to be very careful about the structure and the chair combination. Surely you will have heard the saying "people in grass houses shouldn`t stow thrones"

My own favourite perch in my abode is number one toolbox(sorry).

tony draper
2nd Sep 2001, 01:15
I wish people would stop mentioning toolboxes, Draper has had treatment ,but it always lurks there beneath the surface, the naughty thoughts ect.
I forgot to mention ,it is vital that only one chair is installed in any shed, guests should not be encouraged, and women forbidden to enter under any circumstances.
My old friend Ronnie the Burgler, lay dead in his shed for six weeks before his wife dare'st knock on the door to tell him his forty two dinners were cold.

hmc
2nd Sep 2001, 01:23
Sheds, or an alternative. My neighbor steam cleaned his septic tank, a cement structure of some size and made it an underground den of sorts. One day I saw him coming out of the ground via a ladder he had inserted into his new retreat and asked about what he was doing. "well just a place to get away and read the paper or whatever".

tony draper
2nd Sep 2001, 01:33
He he, Draper knows someone with those initials who hails from that fine State,
some people have floating sheds they can escape to. ;)

[ 01 September 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Loki
2nd Sep 2001, 03:01
Draper esq

You said that guests should not be encouraged.That means I wouldn`t be able to speak to my invisible friend who lives in the shed, unless I talk through the keyhole. He tells me lots of things but sometimes gets angry when I don`t go to the shed for a while.Then he makes me do bad things.He`s very clever and tells me what to say to the doctors etc.

[ 01 September 2001: Message edited by: Loki ]

hmc
2nd Sep 2001, 04:38
Anonimity foiled again...yes TD 'tis me, living hard a-port of the purloined waters of the mighty Hudson, from your days as an agent of the Queen's merchantmen. ;)

Bullethead
2nd Sep 2001, 07:17
My little shed is a beaut. Nine metres x six metres and has two cats living there, Jags that, as well as a Norton Commando and a rather fast Japanese supercycle. Various pieces of electrical toolery, plenty of bench space and of course the mandatory fully equipped fridge. Wanna beer? And out of the back window I can see from the Blue Mountains to the city of Sydney. :D :D
A man's gotta have a shed. ;)

Thud_and_Blunder
2nd Sep 2001, 08:02
Shed? Our dog used to shed - took ages to vaccuum-up after him...

tony draper
2nd Sep 2001, 15:48
You notice something in doctors/dentists,waiting rooms, young silly men, full of testosterone, nervous,jumpy slaves to their testicles, franticly scaning the womans magazines for adverts for ladies underwear.
The more mature shed owning, grown men, calm,resorseful, at one with the universe, calmly scan the gardening magazines for articles on sheds.

Why is it that doctors /dentists waiting rooms only have ladies magazines and gardening books?,does some secret organisation exsist to remove all magazies not for ladies or concered with gardening from waiting rooms?, hmmm this will question require another thread in the future

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Davaar
2nd Sep 2001, 19:34
You are on the right track, Tony, but your research is superficial. There are the ladies' and sheds magazines, but what of the "country life" reports, forced in (British) hospitals on a strictly urban clientele. In my time the Royal Marsden Hospital maintained campuses at Edgeware Road and near Sutton in Surrey, at which the patient could beguile the waiting time with the ladies' foundation garment ads or articles on "The Woodchuck Menace Strikes Again at this Green and Pleasant Land", "England Awake: the Grey Squirrel Menace", and the like.

Since all appointments were made for 08:00 AM, and no patient seen before 14:00 PM, the aggregate captive time, or "AGT" as it is known in NHS circles, was immense. No issue of any magazine was more recent than five years old. Was this a plot by field sports oriented radiologists?

As to the feminine bias, the patient had to take off his clothes at point A for examination, and then proceed to point B (always in a different wing, following the "exercise the patient" or "ETP" rule) for treatment. Was it coincidence that the modesty in transitu was protected only by the pink terry-towel, occasionally lace- garnished, gowns from which ALL buttons HAD BEEN REMOVED, this demanding the nervous clutch at the levels of bosom and waist and the crab-like scuttle down the corridor? I think not. There is work to be done.

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: Davaar ]

flapsforty
2nd Sep 2001, 21:34
Draper & Davaar please accept my gratitude for your weird and wonderful contributions to this board.

Very enjoyable! :D
XXX

Ella Valet
2nd Sep 2001, 23:39
I already have a steel shed. At least that's what everyone calls the thing I fly around in...

tony draper
3rd Sep 2001, 00:03
A flying shed!!!??, come come madam, I think you take advantage of our innocence here. ;)

Davaar
3rd Sep 2001, 00:35
Don't be too harsh, Tony. The silly girl has just made a material error. Obviously she flies one of those four-prop piston jobs ...."It glides like a brick shed house".

Flintstone
3rd Sep 2001, 03:26
Did I mention that my shed has carpet?

angels
3rd Sep 2001, 12:11
Folks, apologies for joing this thread at a late stage. Was holidaying in Helston.
Anyway, to update on my colleague's shed. It now has a gutter and curtains. Gardening implements have been placed inside it, but have not yet been used.
I reckon the shed is merely going to be a repository for various 'gentleman's magazines' but my colleague denies this.
What do fellow ppruners keep in their sheds?

CAVU
3rd Sep 2001, 15:42
tony draper- nice one mate

Ahh, the good old shed, this thread warms the cockles and makes me proud to call my self an Englishman (if nothing else).

tony draper
3rd Sep 2001, 16:10
Curtains!CARPETS??,This is the kind of ostentatious decadence, that led to the French revolution, this is the type of behaviour that led Jonny Frenchman to lop off the heads of their shed owning class.
The consequences are still apparent today, France is a culturless desert devoid of sheds, and your average frenchman not having access to a decent shed, have all become shallow ,obsessed with food, their lives meaningless.

ps, this channel tunnel thing is a big worry,
refugee's are not the issue. Garlic reeking Frenchmen could come storming through, bent on revenge for the humiliation of Agincourt, and how many of us still have the old Longbow in our sheds.
This also begs the question, could the once brawny arms of the Englishmen of the south still nock the arrows and draw back the string, when the only excercise they appear to get is curtain hanging??. ;)
;) ;)

[ 03 September 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

gravity victim
3rd Sep 2001, 20:12
My grandma, a wise old bird, held that many a marriage had been saved by a garden shed....mine seems to be doing its stuff so far in this respect.

And my FAA aircrew father-in law apparently courted his future bride in a Nissen hut at RNAS Arbroath, in which he ensured freedom from inappropriate interruption by wiring the whole structure to the mains....

:D

Velvet
3rd Sep 2001, 20:15
Did the French Aristocracy have carpets and curtains in their sheds. Did they indeed have sheds at all. Methinks they instead had follies - open to the elements no less - with pillars and fancy foldarols and ornimentation.

No shun the comforts, well apart from a well-stocked booze cupboard.

Tricky Woo
3rd Sep 2001, 20:36
The French aristocracy assumed that any necessary shedding would be performed by the noble peasant. Sadly, all of the peasants were far too busy scoffing cake to be interested in that sort of thing. Net result: no sheds.

A sad misunderstanding that inevitably led La France to the bloody revolution of 1789.

TW

You want it when?
3rd Sep 2001, 20:46
Viv-La-Difference - I think fellow PPRuNers you will find that shed is actually a derivative of shedaluc', this is the pre-cursor to the old Franc. When the pheasents (starlings and other migratory birds) revolted they over-turned the cake tables and in some cases the booze cupboards of the old nobs. They formed the reveloutionary council cutting off the heads of anyone who had money or shedaluc's.

This is why you will not find a shed in France. There live in fear of being cut down shold they even admit to owning one.

I myself have made a lot of money historically by renting out shares (group ownership) of my trusty 6x4 garden potting shed - as the silly ******s think it's some sort of palace. :D

Ella Valet
3rd Sep 2001, 23:32
Dear Ms. Draper and Ms. Davaar

No, no, no! What I said was:

"I already have a steel shed. At least that's what everyone calls the thing I fly around in..."

I am of course a canary. I used to be a minah bird, but I saw that there was no future in it, so I sprayed myself yellow and learned to sing. Since then life has been wonderful, and I don't get pestered any more by those nice people at Medical who were so concerned about everyone being mentally fit to fly. How ridiculous, look at me go now!

tony draper
4th Sep 2001, 00:20
Don't let them give you a job in the mining industry EV. ;)

[ 03 September 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

angels
4th Sep 2001, 13:00
Folks. I have received the following E-mail from my colleague. It requires no comment from me.

The proud owner of the spanking new Balmoral shed that sparked this exchange was sitting in his garden one very sultry
Saturday evening recently, sipping his third glass of an exceedingly robust chateau neuf du pape by candlelight, when, as he admired his new wooden walls, thoughts of marital duty crept into his weary old head.

Sadly, with a house full of infantry (3 kids) invading the marital bed on a nightly basis, duty has been neglected of late.
Maybe it was the du pape, but the Balmoral, which by pure chance contained a disused matress among the kids garden toys, suddenly
offered the prospect of an alternative love bower.

Sipping rather than quaffing his wine now, the 1500 sov shed suddenly began to look like a good investment after all. Alas
and woe, by the time the said owner's dear wife emerged from domestic bondage the devilish du pape and the heat of the
Hertfordshire night had got the better of the saucy shed master, who had drifted gently into a honeyed booze snooze, which his dear wife said was too sweet to disturb.

Any advice on staying awake please.

:eek: