PDA

View Full Version : JAR CPL module pre-requisites

gabu
6th Dec 2003, 01:55
Just wondering if anyone can help me determine the JAR CPL-module pre-requisites.

My understanding is 150hrs Total time, Night rating and Class I medical, from JAR FCL documents.

But I have seen some schools say 100Pic is required also.

Help clarifying this would be deeply appreciated.

regards

LFS
6th Dec 2003, 02:11
Pretty much right. The 100 hours PIC is for licence issue, if you intend to do a M/E CPL you will need 70 hours PIC before starting the course. You also need 200 hours TT for licence issue. Some schools may ask for more than the minimum requirements to start the course but that is always an in house decision.

mad_jock
6th Dec 2003, 03:04
You don't need the night rating on your lic just have done the training.

If you decide to do the IR first you need it issued.

MJ

FlyingForFun
6th Dec 2003, 05:31
The confusion with CPL requirements is that there are at least 5 different hours requirements!

Three of these relate to various different types of integrated courses, so we can ignore them.

The two which apply to modular courses are:

- Before commencing the course, you must have 150 hours total time. The night rating is not required, but if you don't have one then the CPL course must include at least 5 hours of night flying in addition to all the normal requirements

- Before applying for the license (i.e. after you complete the course and pass the test) you must have 200 hours total time. This must include 100 hours P1, 20 hours cross country, and one cross country of at least 300nm two full-stop landings at airfields other than the airfield of depature.

So, the answer to your question is that you do not need 100 hours P1 prior to starting the course. But, since you won't log any P1 time on the course, if you don't have 100 hours before you start the course then you will need to build these hours after completing the course before you can apply for the license.

The 70 hours P1 requirement which LFS has mentioned is not, technically, anything to do with the CPL. It's a requirement for a multi-engine class rating.

FFF
------------

Keygrip
6th Dec 2003, 09:55
Two bits here - it's a night QUALIFICATION and nobody has mentioned a full pass in all the written examinations and at least a pass in the R/T practical test (or equivalent).

The rest is correct. 150 hours total, no minimum P1 unless doing MEP at same time, no mandate for night - but then a 30 hour course.

Don't forget - if you have an ICAO CPL from anywhere else - all the above is irrelevant.

mad_jock
6th Dec 2003, 23:09
I don't think you require the exam passes when you start the course only when you sit the test.

But i agree it would be a unwise choice to start the course with exam passes outstanding

MJ