PDA

View Full Version : Multimedia Training

The Swinging Monkey
6th Dec 2003, 00:02
Ladies and Gents,

Has anyone had experience of the Multimedia Ground Training package, currently advertised in the current 'Todays Pilot' ??

I've started reading the books, but as you will all know, the books are 'heavy going' and anything that helps keep me awake while learning is a bonus!!

I'm not asking for a sales pitch, but simply a yes or no as to whether is is worth buying it.

Very many thanks and kind regardes to all

The Swinging Monkey

david.porter9
6th Dec 2003, 17:28
Do you mean the Oxford/Transair CDs? I posted a similar query to yours a couple of months ago but nobody seemed to have any experience of them. One person (deano?) suggested the money would be better spent flying, which is a fair point.

However I bought the set anyway and it does seem quite good to me. If you are struggling with the books I think you'll find these CDs will help you. I find it much easier after a day's work to sit at the pc with a coffee, stick in the disc and watch a lesson, than get the books out.

I think you also need the books to refer to, though, or for when you can't get to your computer. It's useful to have two different explanations of the same subject, and sometimes you want to look something up quickly rather than boot up the pc.

The only problem I have is with the sound quality. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's crackly, and always in the same places. It's annoying, but still possible to hear what's being said. Oxford do have a support page on their website with FAQs etc, but I haven't investigated far enough yet to find out whether this is a 'known issue'.

Hope this helps

Dave