PDA

View Full Version : Financial Contributions to PPrune

B Sousa
5th Dec 2003, 23:10
I was sitting here the other night wondering to which Forum I could contribute some rambling stupidity that I am well known for, when I observed a little ditty under my screenname.
Something to the effect that "I have posted over 1000 times and must be a real cheap ass for not dropping a dime or two on PPrune"
So I clicked.........AND I saw the prices......Yep Im a cheapie. Thats more money than I pay for Aannual Internet service....
So......as they say on TV, "Lets Make a Deal", can you believe I feel guilty about getting something for free, anyway. How about someone in the great Towers in the U.K. allowing a "Christmas Discount". So that all of us could purchase something small to prove we are not really as cheap as some think.......
What say you fellow cheapies................
Ho Ho Ho

Heliport
6th Dec 2003, 00:55
Bert

You old cheapie!
If word around the bazaars and helipads is even half true, you could afford to buy Pprune. ;)

More seriously, if you read Pprune Towers post on this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=110850&referrerid=30158) , you'll see why Christmas discounts aren't really an option.

H.

Autorotate
6th Dec 2003, 00:58
Hey Bert is South African, the rand aint what it used to be ;)

Besides he spends all his hard earned cash on booze and braais.

Autorotate

B Sousa
6th Dec 2003, 12:24
Sorry Ned, Im not South African. Just spend my quality time there.

Anyway I read the post and it says naught about money other than the machinery is old.....Im more than willing to chip in a 700mhz/512MB Ram/ 30 gig HD Tower if someone wants to pay for shipping......OR if one of you airline types will deliver....(Hello Virgin.......LAS/LGW)

Other than that if money is required, I think Christmas Discounts are in order. Makes sense to me to get lots of little contributions rather than a few big ones or NONE at all.....
I have a 10 pound unused phone card that I picked up at LHR.....