PDA

View Full Version : Running a Book

tony draper
13th Dec 2001, 18:22
Draper has noted the phenominal rate at which the membership of this splendid site rises.
Capt Prune could run a book on when that number reaches say 50,000, we gould all pay a fiver and have one guess at the day and time that number will be reached,the capt could keep 10% for himself and the lads, as they seem to be going down the pub a lot recently,.
The prize of course will go to the one with the nearest day/time to when that number is achieved.
Draper of course should be remembered financialy, for thinking up this scam. ;)

PilotsPal
13th Dec 2001, 18:51
I seem to remember something of the sort when numbers were approaching 10,000.

Golden Monkey
13th Dec 2001, 19:21
If there was a considerable pot riding on it the moderators would have to be vigilant with new member applications as soon as the first date passed - the prevalence of anonymous net mail providers would certainly give some scope for unscrupulous behaviour from the more .. aah .. unsavoury characters on this site!

Not that I don't have a lot of faith in human good nature, of course!

tony draper
13th Dec 2001, 19:46
This is true, Draper thinks in order to preserve the good name and reputation of the Admins, and to remove the temptation of tinkering in a fraudulent manner with membership numbers, the monies shoud be forwarded to Draper, where he will deposit same in his bank at Ulan Bator.
As the staff of said bank have difficulty coming to terms with the concept of the Cheque or credit card, Draper suggests that only cash should be forthcoming. ;)

Tricky Woo
13th Dec 2001, 20:30
Herr Draper,

Reluctant as I am to digress upon this worthy thread, it has just come to my notice that the fat bird out of the Titanic movie, Kate Winslet, has today divorced her husband.

Knowing that you have a strong preference for the more rounded of women, I thought that perhaps you could hot foot it round to her gaffe for a spot of nookies. As she has a small child, I recommend that you befriend it immediately in order to win the heart of the mother.

Never fails, that one.

The shag might take her mind off her woes, too.

TW

tony draper
13th Dec 2001, 21:22
She didn't look to well fed on that picky of her Draper posted on the Military forum, see the Ballard thread.
pssst, if you tiptoe in, they might not notice you, and you can avoid being shoutd at. ;)