PDA

View Full Version : B-HOX is getting repainted to the original CX livery??

B-HLQ
3rd Dec 2003, 19:59
Ive read that from a Hong Kong forum saying the last flight for B-HOX 'The Spirit of Hong Kong' is CX252 on 4/12, after that, it will fly to Xiamen and repaint to the original livery as well as install the new business class and AVOD. Can someone please confrim with this, it is one of the best livery around and it will be sad to see it go........ :{

Capt. Fluff
5th Dec 2003, 06:18
bring back the table cloth livery....

FlexibleResponse
5th Dec 2003, 10:18
Does that mean Oggie's cardiac trace has returned to normal?

VR-HFX
5th Dec 2003, 10:57
Who's going to volunteer to bring it back this time?:ooh:

FlexibleResponse
5th Dec 2003, 11:41
Actually, if I remember correctly, the real hero who inadvertantly flew the no-air-data flight to the VIP welcome ceremony was later 49er'd.

B-HLQ
5th Dec 2003, 13:04
Indeed, he was also promised by his supervisor that a letter of recommandation will be present to him but instead he got the letter of termination from CX on the 5/7/2001.

FlexibleResponse
6th Dec 2003, 14:35
Strange to reflect that the first flight of “Spirit of Hong Kong” into the then new CLK Airport could have ended in disaster except for the skills of the Captain ably assisted by his FO.

But, instead of being rewarded for his skills, he was subsequently sacked in the true “Spirit of Hong Kong”

Now the “Spirit of Hong Kong” is going to be spray-painted over.

Rather ironic type of closure.

mr Q
6th Dec 2003, 18:49
What was the problem that could have resulted in disaster ???

christep
6th Dec 2003, 22:01
Being just an SLF observer I can't remember all the details but essentially a bit of masking tape or something was left over a moderately vital sensor (ASI?) which meant that they were flying on gut feel for some key parameter (can't remember if it was speed or altitude).

It did seem a bit off to then fire the guy who managed to land the plane in this state in front of assembled dignataries.

Schrodingers Cat
8th Dec 2003, 15:44
Don't tell me that the cucumber sandwich, (the ORIGINAL CX livery) is to return, replacing the 'headless parrot' on the tails at the moment?

Though of course it does represent management style quite well......:rolleyes:

VR-HFX
8th Dec 2003, 20:43
SC

The Cucumber Sandwich was in fact the third livery and certainly a retrograde step from the British Racing Green used in livery #2; which was a BRG stripe and tail with a globe in the centre of the tail. This was introduced on the DC6/6B and the Electra. Livery #1 which lasted till the early 60's was also better than the cucumber, largely white and silver with a few brushes of blue or gold and a globe in a speedbird on the tail.

God knows who thought up the cucumber but I think they got the contract on the Headland...

sigma
9th Dec 2003, 01:19
Further to VR-HFX on CPA
Serves the Orient
A British Airline With British Pilots
The Airline that knows the Orient Best

I heard some tap blocked the Pitot tube and Was it not C**** W**** on that flight ?

Traffic
10th Dec 2003, 14:07
Sigma

You forgot the Barry White theme song...

and NO it was not CW.

sigma
11th Dec 2003, 01:36
OK Traffic. Is this the Barry White Song

There's a new world coming
you feel it in the air
the world is getting closer
you see it everywhere
(Cathay Pacific helping a new generation of international travellers arrive in better shape )
There's a new world , a new world
Arriiiiiviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing on Cathay

FlexibleResponse
14th Dec 2003, 23:33
A very good report on this subject in the Sunday Morning Post by Simon Parry. Good to see that there are still some very professional reporters who do their research.