PDA

View Full Version : C-17 at Aberdeen

FlyboyBen
3rd Dec 2003, 19:23
Theres an air force C-17 currently doing circuits at Aberdeen Airport. Anyone know a possible reason?

Mr C Hinecap
3rd Dec 2003, 19:38
Landing and taking off seem to be good reasons for an aeroplane to do circuits. Only a blunty, so may be other reasons. :}

FFP
3rd Dec 2003, 21:47
Why is taking off and landing a reason to do circuits ?

Granted you can't do a circuit unless you've taken off, but is landing a reason for a circuit ? (F"Łked up approach maybe !!)

How bout

1) MCT ?
2) OCU trip (and yes, I know there is no OCU as such unless you count 2 months in Hicksville )

Now there are some reasons !!!!

FlyboyBen
3rd Dec 2003, 22:02
There were no landings taking place, just the approach then at about 100ft, gear up and off they go and round again. I assume they were just practising approaches and not touching down to avoid landing charges.

Quite often we get Tornados doing an approach and then away again, but they never hang around for more than one. Just a little unusual to see a military aircraft doing multiple circuits. Pretty impressive sight and sound though.

HOODED
4th Dec 2003, 14:01
Crew training. I guess by the reports from the circuits being done at Leeds later in the day the crew needed some practice.I hear it was pointing at the new Multiflight hangar rather than the 32 threshold during the approach. Or then again maybe it was 14!

letMfly
4th Dec 2003, 22:23
It was crew training. 1 x radar vectored ILS, 1 x procedural ILS and 2 x procedural NDBs. Made a pleasant change from the normal training stuff and a nice waggle of the wings as it departed!

Slotback
5th Dec 2003, 00:17
It was doing its job. Following its tasking and carrying out some training. Military aircraft do fly around the country and they do fly near airports. Please do not expect people to tell you what military aircraft are doing just because you are interested. It is the military after all.