PDA

View Full Version : Internet PPRuNe access

M.Mouse
3rd Dec 2003, 07:40
Some may recall that I asked advice regarding intermittent inability to access PPRuNe some months back.

Since then the problem has become much worse.

I find I can generally view a few pages and then 'Page unavailable' is displayed and further access impossible. After 24 hours or so, providing no attempt is made to access in the meantime access magically returns for a while.

PPRuNe techies have been very helpful but say they cannot find any reason for they problem and are at a loss as to what to suggest.

Whenever I do a trace after access is denied it always times out at hostcentric.com's servers on the West Coast of the US.

I have a fixed IP address and my knowledge of internet transmission and access is limited. I have no problems with any other site and the problem is driving me nuts!

Any suggestions gratefully received, providing I can actually get here to read them!

LunchMonitor
3rd Dec 2003, 15:28
I had a similiar problem about 2 months back with a shortcut in my favourites which pointed at :

http://www.pprune.org/forums

however amending that to:

http://www.pprune.com/forums

appears to have fixed it and has done great since.

LM

Waggon rut
3rd Dec 2003, 15:44
I had always thought pprune server was quite weak.
Other companys who have far more than 500 active people on the site at any one time seem to cope much better, it does seem to have a lot of problems!

BOAC
3rd Dec 2003, 15:44
MM - I know a lot of effort has gone into trying to sort this out and I regret you are still having problems. I have just 'graduated' to Broadband (via AOL) and have no problems other than when server load makes pprune inaccessible. The 'HQ' are, I know, working on that.

FYI, my link is direct to the R&N URL at .org.

under_exposed
3rd Dec 2003, 15:54
Waggon rut, I also had problems yesterday but I do not feel able to make any complaint against the server as I (also) have not as yet ordered a personal title to support the service.
(I will get around to it one day)

M.Mouse
3rd Dec 2003, 16:32
Weird, I have had continuous access now since yesterday.

I will keep my fingers crossed!

InFinRetirement
3rd Dec 2003, 21:54
PPRuNe was down yesterday from around 1330 until the early evening.