PDA

View Full Version : Why wont FS2004 uninstall?

Tonic Please
3rd Dec 2003, 06:17
Being a bit of a ****** at the mo. I got XP Pro n FS2004. I am sorting out the disk to give me some more room and have tried uninstalling FS (to re-install as there are some hitches which I know how to resolve).

I have tried 2 ways. Both to know avail. The first is going to Control panel, add/remove and doin it that way...and also tried going to All programs, finding Microsoft games, Fs2002, unstiall fs2004....just flashes the screen and does sod all.

Any ideas?

Dan :confused:

ratsarrse
3rd Dec 2003, 06:26
Sounds like something has overwritten the uninstall program. Perhaps some sloppily coded add-on?

Try putting the first CD in and trying to uninstall from the setup options that appear when the CD loads. If that doesn't work, you could probably just reinstall over the top, then try uninstall afterwards - bit long-winded though.

If that fails, you'd have to hack all the references from the registry and delete all the files manually to get a clean uninstall. That's a road you should only go down if you're reasonably experienced at registry editing mind...

Tonic Please
3rd Dec 2003, 06:28
Thats a good idea. I'll run the installation from the discs again, and try to uninstall it if it comes up as an option. (im pretty sure it does).

Ill update

Dan

worked!! Thanks for that idea. Dunno why that slipped my mind.

:ok: