PDA

View Full Version : Ground jobs

flyingfletch
3rd Dec 2003, 03:38
Dear All,
I am looking for information, links, contacts etc for a job on the ground with either an Airline or a ground handling company?

Can anyone enlighten me as to the do's and dont's of securing myself a job on the ground at an Airport.

The Airports within my range are ; Manchester, East Midlands, Birmingham, Leeds and Humberside. Are there particular handling agents at these airports which I should be aware of?

If anyone can give me advice or pointers then please reply or PM me for an e mail address etc.

Many thanks in advance

Flying:ok:

Little Blue
3rd Dec 2003, 13:23
Try baby at EMA.
Self handling, still with a bit of the old bmi ethos left in em....
They'll work you hard, but if you show an ounce of ambition, then you could find yourself in dispatch/load control very quickly....
...I am biased, mind.....

EMACargo
3rd Dec 2003, 15:00
at EMA there is also Servisair and i think Kiss which maybe a new ground handler. There are jobs going at bmibaby for crew members which involves checking in and passenger boarding. Have a look at babys web site

Regards

HZ123
3rd Dec 2003, 15:22
Do not know your location but BA are also recruiting direct from there website for aircraft services (ground handling). The start not to good but there are prospects long term.

flyingfletch
3rd Dec 2003, 17:44
Thanks guys I will look into it!

cheers

Flying

flyingfletch
3rd Dec 2003, 19:05
hey guys you know you said the baby are recruiting and to look on there site ? any help as to where it is ?

cheers

Flying

EMACargo
3rd Dec 2003, 19:40
Its under contact us and then recruitment and its called crew member hope that helps.

Regards

flyingfletch
3rd Dec 2003, 19:53
rgr

thanks

flying

Little Blue
5th Dec 2003, 02:04
...failing that, Fletch, PM me and I'll give you a number

KKM
11th Dec 2003, 06:30
If your serious about getting a job theres an aviation agency just outside of manchester airport in the Regus Building, i recently got a job with them at Manchester Airport.

cloudskimmer
12th Dec 2003, 04:16
any chance of a contact no . or website kkm :O :ok:

KKM
15th Dec 2003, 17:44
Yeh thats correct, the number to call is 0161 266 2022. Best of luck, definetly give them a shout.

flyingfletch
16th Dec 2003, 00:15
Just to let you know Aviation Resource aren't recruiting straight away but will be in march so they are looking to start interviewing around mid January so everyone can get refrences and security checks for airport passes !

Regards

Flying

I will get a JOB !:ok:

KKM
18th Dec 2003, 19:10
There actually recruiting right now for PSA's with interview dates still left this month. Ramp agents - march. Hope this helps.

flyingfletch
18th Dec 2003, 23:59
KKM,
thank you sir I will look into it !

Flying