PDA

View Full Version : Which is best to work for, EK, QR, GF, Etihad or Air Arabia

NG_Kaptain
2nd Dec 2003, 06:22
There have been a lot of posts about the hiring in the region, most are for Airbus pilots with a few 777 vacancies thrown in. I'm with a company that is going through a bit of uncertainty right now and myself and some of my collegues are thinking of packing it in and relocating to the Midle East. Qatar was looking good but their pay package was a bit lacking but since then there was a thread started on how they are not that nice to work with. One of our guys just left to take a position with Gulf Air as a copilot on the 340's with another turning them down as he prefered to wait for EK to call for the same position. I'm left seat on the A 340 so would only be interested in a DEC but really dont know what it is like to live down there. Is it comfortable and safe for wives? can they work if they wish? Hows the golf and boating? Can you get away for long weekends easily and is your annual free trip positve space in F or J class? As a DEC would you be ostracised by the copilot body in EK since it might be their command you are taking or is the feelings that DEC's are necessary because of the rapid growth. How is Gulf to work for, or Etihad, Air Arabia et al. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Gnadenburg
2nd Dec 2003, 12:53
As an F/O only EK.

El Peligroso
2nd Dec 2003, 22:04
I think you'll find that once the -500's and -600's are here in force the crew compliment will be >6.5/plane.
Double crews to states etc...

NG_Kaptain
3rd Dec 2003, 04:42
Pretty much what I was expecting vis a vis DEC. Our company has had to hire direct entry captains on occassion, but only to release crews for training when establishing a new fleet or if training couldn't keep up with expansion, and this was only on short term contracts, never exceeding a year.. What about short term contracts? Are they contemplating that.