PDA

View Full Version : Concorde Randome(nosecone) goes for £320'000 at Bohnams auction!!!

rtl_flyer
2nd Dec 2003, 04:03
If you went to the Bonhams Concorde auction today you were in for a suprise. That's unless you knew you needed to times the Bonhams estimate values by ten!!! The nosecone was estimated at 25-35k, went for £320K!!
Pair of cabin seats £10'000. Tail was a snip at £28k. Jaeger Machmeter £28k
Droopnose Selector switch £6k!!!
Get these:-
A passenger Blanket £1200 !!!!!
A wedgwood Atlas Ashtray £1400

I'll post a link to the full list and a video clip of the nosecone sale when I get them uploaded.

DamienB
2nd Dec 2003, 04:39
I have a Sainsburys carrier bag I once used to protect my camera from rain while taking a picture of a Concorde.

Shall I open the bids at £500?

radarman
2nd Dec 2003, 07:06
What was the bid for Mike Bannister ? Did it reach the reserve?

BoeingMEL
2nd Dec 2003, 15:30
£300,000..... a crazy sum of money for scrap metal! But NOT as crazy as the £9 million which the brainless Sun journo predicted just a few weeks ago! (Saw it in a tabloid so it must be true....) Happy Christmas everyone...BM

skua
2nd Dec 2003, 20:46
But even more surprising was the attitude of the pl****er who bought the nosecone. Fergan Dustbin (or some such mittel-european name) was very happy - he thought he might have to pay up to £1m for it. A bit "Upton" I would have said...

(For those outside London it is two stops short of Barking on the District Line)

paulo
2nd Dec 2003, 21:01
He's a self made millionaire. I'm kind of guessing he's reasonably bright - just a hunch. ;)