PDA

View Full Version : FAA cpl/ir

cortilla
2nd Dec 2003, 02:58
I know a lot of corporate jets in the uk are n reg. So i assume that you need an faa licence to fly them commercially. Just to improve my job prospects how do i get a faa cpl/ir. I've been looking on the faa website but all i can find is converting to a private, no mention of commercial. I've go a jaa cpl/ir atpl writtens and about 300 ish hours. Anyone know??

flat-tire
2nd Dec 2003, 05:27
I recommend going or writing the FAA in the states. They will have a look at your logbook and see what gaps need to be filled in order to take the check-ride and exams. There are only two written exams and an oral/practical examination for each rating. Also try www.ALLATPS.com, I've worked with them before and they seem very reasonable and quick. You could possibly do it all on a visitor's visa. Just have all of your ducks in a row before you head over. If you have any other questions PM me. I have converted several people from JAA to FAA.

Also, some of those N registered aircraft have solely JAA certified pilots flying. Thanks to some sneaky accountants.

dorosenco
3rd Dec 2003, 04:52
Cortilla,

check my website www.passion2fly.com -> FAA Conversions.
you will find your answers.

regarding flying N-reg aircrafts by solely JAA pilots it is true for as long as you stay within national borders. as soon as you go international with a N-reg you need a FAA ticket.

good luck,
:D