PDA

View Full Version : European Air Charter

transwede
2nd Dec 2003, 02:49
European Air Charter are apparantly going to base an aircraft at Newcastle for the summer 2004 season to operate typical holiday charters to the likes of CFU, RHO, PMI, EFL and ZTH.

Just wondering if anyone knows if it will be 737-200, as I heard the airline was going to acquire -300 a/c. Surely the 300 would be better suited to the long routes such as NCL-ZTH/RHO/JSI etc or can the 732 make it with a full load in high summer?

And can anyone in the EAC camp confirm whether the airline will base crew at the airport for the summer? Hope so....:rolleyes:

surely not
2nd Dec 2003, 03:51
My ctcs say it will be a 737-300.

Don't know how it will be crewed.

transwede
3rd Dec 2003, 04:34
Thats good news for NCL, you can certainly tell when the old -200's go! The -300 will look great in Europeans new livery. Fantastic news that Newcastle will get another based charter unit from a UK charter carrier, instead of some of the piles of **** the airport has had over previous years! :mad:

Lets hope they employ good geordie crews, of which there are many kicking about, itching to get back flying in the Toon! :ok:

redfield
4th Dec 2003, 05:00
Transwede: piles of **** at NCL? Surely not! And I thought that Seven Air and Transjet and errr.....Transwede no less were top notch outfits! :mad: