PDA

View Full Version : FAA IR and Visa

FlyingForFun
1st Dec 2003, 21:25
If I were to decide to do an FAA IR, my understanding is that I would need to do so on an M1 Visa (since it is training for a rating).

Is there anywhere that I can get a complete list of all of the flying schools which can supply me with the necessary paperwork for the Visa, and also offer an IR course?

Thanks!

FFF
--------------

IO540
1st Dec 2003, 23:15
Can't you do an FAA IR entirely in the UK?

FlyingForFun
1st Dec 2003, 23:54
Can't you do an FAA IR entirely in the UK?No idea. Anyone know of schools that can do this? I would certainly consider it if it's possible.

FFF
-------------

Julian
2nd Dec 2003, 00:18
try Angel City FLyers at Enstone and Tom Hughstone at Norwich.
both can do FAA IR.

drauk
2nd Dec 2003, 05:29
Doing the FAA IR in the UK is possible.

As you probably know you can do the written exam in Norwich (and another place further north which escapes me right now). There is (or was a few months back) an instructor at Flyteam (www.flyteam.com) at Elstree that can do all the instruction. And you can take your test out of Enstone as Julian mentioned.

Ninety-Nines
2nd Dec 2003, 07:09
Unfortunately as far as I am aware, there is no definitive list for Flight schools with Visa approval.

I would suggest that you hone in on an area that you would like to train, scour the pilot mags to get names of schools, then visit their web site and if not visible ask them.

Sorry that there is no short cut.

jetjockey696
2nd Dec 2003, 08:56
I know a place in nottinghamshire, (retford...near worksop) SKYTRAIN 01777 838202. they did my flight review. very nice and friendly.. female instructor. i know they do FAA IR etc...

I got a rumour that they are going to have faa writtens testing, very shortly...who knows!!

JJ696

'I' in the sky
3rd Dec 2003, 21:53
There are plenty FAA rated instructors in the UK who could conduct your training. However the problem for a long time, and as far as I know still is, is finding an examiner who can conduct your test.

Julian
3rd Dec 2003, 23:17
Correct, both Norwich and Enstone use a visiting examiner.

Enstone however will take us to the US as part of your course if yuo wish so you can take the test.

Julian.

FlyingForFun
3rd Dec 2003, 23:22
Thanks for the input, guys.

It seems like there's not going to be the definitive list of Visa-issuing schools that I was looking for, which isn't a big surprise. Doing the rating in the UK is becoming a more and more attractive idea, though.

Does anyone have contact details for Tom Hughstone at Norwich - e-mail, preferably, otherwise phone number?

Thanks,

FFF
------------

AG-Flyer
4th Dec 2003, 07:04
Try this link should be what you looking for
Flyafts (http://www.flyafts.co.uk/) :ok: