PDA

View Full Version : Low Cost Airlines - transfers

agentprovocateur
1st Dec 2003, 19:54
Forgive me if this topic has already been raised elsewhere but I'd welcome comments from anyone who's experienced the nightmare of the transfer between Barcelona-Girona Airport and Barcelona proper.
Having just come back from there, I would use Ryanair again without any hesitation but I would not be prepared to fly into anywhere other than a main airport simply because getting self and luggage onto the transfer bus was so traumatic. How the elderly and disabled or those with children manage I don't know.
As far as I could make out, most of the people using the bus on both outward and return journeys were Ryanair passengers - surely for very little more money added to the fare the journey could be changed by organising the transfer more efficiently.
Incidentally, the cost of a taxi would've been at least 125 euros one way!

gofer
4th Dec 2003, 03:01
Point to point and plenty of time & no connecting flights - save money on the flight and spend it on getting into & out of town.

If on the other hand you have a connecting flight - even with hours to spare - forget saving money with the cheep-oh's.

As my Gran used to say - thee gets naught for naught and thee pays for what thee gets.... Nothing's changed since then that I can see ?:O

Memetic
6th Dec 2003, 03:09
I would use Ryanair again without any hesitation but I would not be prepared to fly into anywhere other than a main airport

Just Dublin in the future then?