PDA

View Full Version : Fincastle 2003

donpizmeov
1st Dec 2003, 19:46
Ok guys. Have just read a local rag from the sand pit that says that Cru 5 10Sqn (RAAF) won the prise. This I can understand. But it also says it was captained by Fltlt Kevin (the deaf dumb and blind boy!) Mulgrew! What the...!!!!! How does the master of the "I concur!!" clan get to be captain of a RAAF P3! I still remember Kev getting all depressed about never being able to find those ellusive Ematts. Perhaps the real Captain was just another collegeboy, so Kevs name was used instead.Can someone please shed some light on this for me.
Who won the party award?
Well done fellas...wish I was there to drink some of the beers afterwards with you.
Don.

Yeller_Gait
2nd Dec 2003, 05:53
When he went to Oz he liked it so much he decided to stay there, so that is why. I guess if he can make it to captain an MR2 he can do the same in a P3.

FishHead
2nd Dec 2003, 06:54
Don - that bit (about Kev) has caused much mirth down here...
Someone's idea of a bit of a joke that horribly got turned into 'news fact'!

Results were:
Fincastle - Aussies (crew 5/10) - and just as well since we spent a billion dollars getting a new aircraft just to win!
Fellowship - Canadians
Maintenance - Poms
Golf - Poms
Touch Football - Kiwis

Yeller_Gait - We like to maintain some standards downunder - so we would never let a Nav/AEO/Flight Steward be the guy who signs for an aircraft...

Charlie Luncher
2nd Dec 2003, 14:32
Don

I would be worried about your skills in the bar given your lack of practice, but we did have light beer and some vodka cruisers which I am sure would be suitable.
:ooh:

As you are aware we rarely trust the deaf, dumb and blind kid with nothing more than a intercom, but he does play a mean table football :=

Charlie sends

donpizmeov
2nd Dec 2003, 21:55
Excellent news!!! Well Kev does do a mean intercom....knew one or two things about ranger and Jez bouys..just hope all these new toys do not confuse the old fella!!!!
Yella gait...I think you will find that the RAF is on its own in bestowing aircraft command on non-pilot aircrew. Hence my question?
Unfortunate thing was I was sitting in the flight deck drinking coffee at the time of reading said article!!! Almost choked!
Charlie have you been set free of training yet? Still have the hairdressers car? thanks for your concern about my drinking....Think you might be right about it too.....had very large night (nooo not a fat joke!!) in Munich a little while ago and am still suffering!!! Am far too old for this job. I do know one or two places to practice at though if you should ever get your self over this way.
Don

Charlie Luncher
3rd Dec 2003, 13:39
Don

Was set free in Aug but they would not let me come visit you!:E

Have cashed in hairdresser car for throbbing big 4x4 just to waste fossil fuels and look up girls skirts in sports cars, yes I said girls. Just you make sure that Fabian and Julian dont take advantage when the aged warrior is a little tipsy:ugh:

Will have extra coopers for you:ok: