PDA

View Full Version : BFS no1 CHOICE FOR PAX

glynn-kayes
1st Dec 2003, 07:19
BFS is now the market leader on the BFS/BHD-MAN route taking 53% of the market share for the last two months and it only took a few months for it to happen.Along with EZY,BMIBABY have established themselves as the market leader on all routes operated with competition from NORTHERN IRELAND and have completely seen off AIR WALES on the CARDIFF route.And now,BACX is giving up GLA and EDI and handing it over to LOGANAIR operating said routes to BHD,leaving the BRITISH AIRWAYS GROUP as a whole operating 1 route from NORTHERN IRELAND(with the lesser share of the market),and I thought that BHD was so handy.Well,not everyone lives in East Belfast.

eastern wiseguy
1st Dec 2003, 07:46
Now now Glynn.....you will only upset him......Good to see the figures though:ok:

glynn-kayes
1st Dec 2003, 09:11
Caa figures for traffic SEP2003 BA Bhd-Man-Bhd 12003
WW Man-Bfs-Man 12890 and OCT2003
BA Bhd Man-Bhd 11212,WW Man-Bfs-Man 13359,oh watch out he,s throwing his dummy (again).

ALLMCC
1st Dec 2003, 16:41
And what will happen if (as heavily rumoured) Baby move their entire operation from BFS to BHD? 53% is hardly a massive majority considering Baby use much larger a/c coupled with (mostly) cheaper fares!

While we're on the subject of routes, how many does BFS transport to LHR (ex biz jets of course!)? And not everyone lives on the shores of Lough Neagh!

Waveman
1st Dec 2003, 17:03
Looks like FlyBe are going to muscle in on the BHD-EDI & GLA routes. Competition for BA/Loganair and no doubt take some pax off Easy's BFS routes.

mysecretsmile
1st Dec 2003, 17:45
The pax figures are certainly very impressive from BFS, as Waveman has pointed out looks like Flybe are going to take up the challenge on the GLA and EDI routes as they have announced 19 new routes today of which BHD-EDI and BHD-GLA are two.

Looks like the N.Ireland population are going to get some really good deals on these new routes over the next few months
with BAXCitiexpress/Loganair, easyjet and Flybe all offering deals on these routes. Could be back to the good old low prices, of when Easyjet and Go were fighting for the same passengers on the GLA routes.

eastern wiseguy
1st Dec 2003, 18:43
how many does BFS transport to LHR

About as many as BHD shift to

luton
stansted
liverpool
cardiff
aberdeen
amsterdam
toronto
heraklion
dalaman
alicante
barcelona
tenerife
lanzarote
gran canaria
cyprus
tunisia....etc etc etc

We can all ask stupid questions.....but let's compare apples with apples..

To take your logic to its' extreme only people living on the shores of Lough Neagh holiday or in fact wish to travel to ANY of the above destinations!!(thinks....4.5 million people live on the shores of the lough :confused:)

BTW still waiting for the answer to my question regarding resufacing Aldergrove

spelling edit

5415N
1st Dec 2003, 20:12
However , when talking about yield BACX are very happy with bhd/man and with a fig of approx 43% pax transfering to BACX routes out of man then they seem to be doing something right . Also CBI figures show BA(BACX) is still the prefered operator for med to large companys on the belfast-manchester route

Ringwayman
1st Dec 2003, 22:10
Where did you dredge up the CAA figures...the last reported month is August 2003?

Anyway, BACX are to introduce a 6th daily frequency on MAN-BHD from 5th January

Hood
1st Dec 2003, 23:47
baby are dropping MAN - BFS and ceasing operations to N.Ireland after march. Ork will drop to one flight a day.

brabazon
1st Dec 2003, 23:51
Ringwayman, I guess Glynn-Kayes must be in the know - as you say the CAA website has only August 2003 as its latest month.

OK general questions - do airlines choose their airports due to the market or the price they're charged and then do passegners choose the airport they fly from due to the price or the frequency? I guess the answers to both are "it depends". so while BFS and BHD both exist airlines will choose between the two and on the basis of their frequency and price passengers will choose between them.

LGS6753
2nd Dec 2003, 03:48
For my info, and to help non-Ulstermen, can someone tell me:

Are any destinations currently served from both BHD and BFS?

Are the operations comparable (ie both loco/both full-service, both with jets/both with turbo-props)?

What are the traffic figures, both originating in NI and originating elsewhere?

Only with such information can meaningful conclusions be drawn. But if you're not a Belfast anorak, does it matter??

glynn-kayes
11th Dec 2003, 01:21
Baby are certantly not ceasing operations to BFS after MAR04 and as I have also said previously have no intention of moving to BHD