PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Draw Prizes

zerospeed
1st Dec 2003, 06:29
Ah yes that wonderful time is apon us. A time to drink and be merry with all our squadron pals, so much so most people either miss the draw or can't remember it. Top prizes of holiday vouchers and televisions are so boring, so I was marginally impressed when a mini-moto bike made it into the top prizes this year. Just wondering what prizes would actually get a mess excited?

Tickets to Women Beach Volley Ball Comp:cool:
A Barrel of Beer:bored:
A Barrel of Gin:yuk:
All expenses paid trip to Spearmint Rhino:mad:

Any other ideas fellas?

oldpinger
2nd Dec 2003, 09:21
How about a shed load of beer- literally a small garden shed full of beer!
Went down well at Culdrose a while ago.

3000 quid in cash in a briefcase was good as well!

I won a badminton stick once......:(

Mr C Hinecap
2nd Dec 2003, 13:43
Aldergrove had a Triumph Speed Triple as top prize a few years ago. The rotten s0ds used to wheel that beautiful bike into the bar every happy hour and sell tickets for the Draw. Spent FAR too much!

teeteringhead
2nd Dec 2003, 16:29
You can often negotiate a good deal from a local car dealer for a small, basic model. Shawbury a few years ago had a Smart Car, and I heard that Innsworth have got a Ford Ka this year.

Sideshow Bob
2nd Dec 2003, 21:00
How about a nice 8 weeks, all inclusive holiday for one, including the christmas period. Nice warm sandy place, accomadation basic but pratical. Free to anyone who can operate a Nimrod fuel panel!!!

stbd beam
3rd Dec 2003, 16:44
You what mate, not again - isn't that three years running ? I'd have a word if I were you !

Incipient Sinner
3rd Dec 2003, 19:44
It certainly wouldn't be a real Xmas Draw without a breadmaker as a prize.

FFP
3rd Dec 2003, 21:55
Ticket to the New Years Eve at the Diplomat, Bahrain ;)

Denzil Penberthy
4th Dec 2003, 18:37
Culdrose have got a Renault Clio 172 Sport as a first prize this year and an Anniversary Model Harley as a second prize!!! :ooh: - which is nice!!