PDA

View Full Version : Final Interview

hijack
30th Nov 2003, 21:38
Hi for all who had failed the final interviews for either cathay or dragonair......, would you like to share the experience with us?:p :p
Thank you.

SkyCruiser
1st Dec 2003, 18:53
what about those of us that passed, do you not want our experience....:{ :{ :ok:

Kerropi
1st Dec 2003, 20:24
YES!!!!

I would love to hear ur experience :D

K.

hijack
3rd Dec 2003, 11:47
I guess if you are always looking at those who have passed may be a very good experience. But learning from those who had failed the interviews thru their mistakes would be even a better learning experience.

Ain't it true? Furthermore, if you are born a natural speaker, why do you come and talk in this forum? Might as well walk in to the final interview and pass it.

I have been for final interviews before. During those interviews, I have noticed a trend, is that they will always try to make you nervous. How does that sounds, if you try to rush yourself in the interview, they will start asking questions randomly. It is to see how you cope with stress. If you can juggle well, it is either you are very smart or you can slow the conversation down. Secondly, in all the interviews I went for, they are made up a pair or more, basically a "setup" of different personailty of the interviewers. The worst would be one that is not friendly. They would be very persistence in asking questions repeatedly, and often provoked you. If you look into it in a wider perpective, it is only an interview. Stay calm.

Many applicants may have a CPL, or a Master Degree graduate. Or even been successful in many part of you career. You can be anything. But the interviewers work consistently to see what would be of you in the future and would be more interested in consider your application. Interviewers may be very nasty and can be very nice but you must remember that they can always fail you during the interview.

What should an interviewee learn to be during an interview is more important. How does that sound?

AhDee
5th Dec 2003, 16:57
thx hijack,

thats exactly what I want. I know I did really bad when I was interviewingwith those HR people. I just got too nervious during the interview.

what I wanna tell is, don't put too much pressure and hope on it.

god luck to all wannabes

hijack
5th Dec 2003, 23:40
Dear Ah Dee,

First, you must know the rules of the game. If you don't say, they won't know, try to be brief, if they want to know more they will ask. Secondly, the interviewer can be even more nervous than you are. Thirdly, if you are pleasant, calm and confident, it will make them like you more. Fourth, they want to see your respond: they want to know what would be of you in the future before employing you.

You were nervous from the way it's describe. Also it shows that you are impatient by throwing a short note down. You could have been either ways, been to quick in answering their questions, couldn't slow down and think, overthink on the question and it some how led you to become nervous. These could be a symtoms of over confident or impatient.

In most HR interviews, they mainly look at personalities. First of all if you look carefully in the nature of the job, you would be needed to work in a different team everyday. They would be asking questions of you past work to see if you get along with people. If you can be a team player and you see problems and can solve it in a rational manner without conflicts. Most of all in these questions related to past work, you have to indicate to them indirectly you possess the lifestyle of a positive person, mainly extrovert but not an extremist. Secondly, you will be needed to travel to many places and they interviewers are worried that you are not that sorta person.

You sound nervous. Did you realized at which part of the interview you got nervous. Are you naturally nervous? Eg.... nervous over little things? Or were the questions that were ask, made you think to fast, somehow made you nervous? or was it speaking to fast and thinking to fast mades you nervous? Was it questions that you wasn't clear of made you nervous? Or was it, at the first place walking into the interview made you nervous?

Would you like sit down and think of it for some time, than share the us readers of your experience in details of which part of the interview that made you nervous? Why, when and how?

Hijack....

AhDee
8th Dec 2003, 10:34
well, I believe that I am not a natural nervious person, however, I am quite bad at handling interviews. I have expected too much, gave myself too much pressure and pushing too hard in someway, and that made my brain stop functioning.

Actually, they were just asking some questions like, "when did you find yourself interested in Aviation", "Why do you choose CX", "what kind of exp you got that you think its an adv. for you to become a pilot", stuffs like that. I am not good at selling myself, and my mind was blank at that moment. I have actually prepared a lot of things to say, but I said nothing and my folder for holding all my supportting docs kept closed for the whole interview.

hijack
8th Dec 2003, 14:39
Stay calm and confident. Will get you there. Just remember, it is only an interview.