View Full Version : Emirates again

mrsmaryhinge
30th Nov 2003, 18:52
Hello all,

This is a call for some advice from any pilots employed by Emirates. I currently work for the world's favourite, and have recently noticed that I have just about got the hours for a direct entry position with Emirates.

Having perused their website, the package looks pretty impressive. In particular, the time to a long haul command. I estimate I'll have to work 15-20 years from date of joining at present, but it appears at Emirates a A380/340/777 command could be achievable in as little as 5 years. Is this accurate?

To all of you guys, how is life out in Dubai? My reservations are mainly spending the next 25 years living over there. Don't get me wrong, I love Dubai and have been on holiday there many times, but there's a huge difference between 5 nights at the Hilton Jemeriah and 25 years! I'm a single chap in my late 20's so not too concerned about wife and kids stuff (not yet anyway), but would be interested to hear from anyone who is there already on how they find the lifestyle.

With the scale of Emirates recruitment at the moment, I'm sure any posts on lifestyle would be very helpful to us chaps pondering this decision.

Many thanks