PDA

View Full Version : Flat T leads diffuse?

sinsall
30th Nov 2003, 02:07
Just had medical back today and I seem to have a problem with the blood supply to my heart?

I have done a search on this forum and those who have had any experience of this could you letme know what I should do?

I have always been very fit and played sports all my life and im now 33. My father had a valve replacement last year at the age of 62, I was told it wasnt hereditary,could this be linked?

Should I be worried any advice would be welcome.

Paracab
30th Nov 2003, 02:55
Can you be more specific with what the Doc (or whoever) said ?

Flyin'Dutch'
30th Nov 2003, 07:07
Hi S,

Flat or inverted T waves can be an indication of a lack of oxygen to the heart muscle.

(Un)fortunately ECGs are not the most refined way of finding out what is exactly going on and a fair few findings on routine ECGs turn out to be nowt to be worried about. However the process to determine that there is indeed nowt wrong can be a bit protracted and long winded.

Am sure that your AME will advice you on how to proceed and get sorted.

FD

sinsall
30th Nov 2003, 16:52
Paracab,
cant be more specific as im not sure myself apart from the suggestion that there could be lack of blood supply to part of the heart.
Thanks FD.

QDMQDMQDM
2nd Dec 2003, 21:03
There are some specific and some non-specific ECG changes. The most specific of ECG changes are definite alarm signs, even in the absence of symptoms. As far as the non-specific ones go, their significance is much less certain in the absence of heart-related symptoms. This forum is littered with questions like this one, most of which turn out to be nothing.

Don't sweat this too much until you have seen and been assessed by a cardiologist.

QDM