PDA

View Full Version : Aust Licencing Question

nzer
30th Nov 2003, 01:44
Type ratings/Endorsements. Are types such as an E110, Kingair C90, etc added to the actual licence or into the pilots logbook ?
Thanks

Sheep Guts
30th Nov 2003, 01:55
They will be added to your Log Book and it will also come out on the Licence Printout which fits in the little Green Book.

All Multi Types and including Single Engine Turbines come out on your licence.

www.casa.gov.au try this website for more info

Sheep

nzer
30th Nov 2003, 05:24
Thanks a lot for that "Sheep" - I got the Aust Licence under TTMRA but only put the large types on it - in NZ under 5700Kg can go in the logbook "looseleaf" - will get onto the CASA website - much appreciated.

slice
1st Dec 2003, 11:06
NZER - I have recently obtained an NZ licence un TTMRA. I have to say that it looks like something a teenager created with their PC and a laminating machine. Are all NZ licences like this or just the TTMRA ones ?

nzer
3rd Dec 2003, 07:11
No, that is the same licence we all get - by contrast, when my Aussie Licence arrived in the mail it looked like the archaic thing we used to have in NZ!! - had to get another bookshelf to put it on. (NZ Licence is pretty much identical to FAA one, except FAA one isn't laminated - at least not when I got mine)

Tinstaafl
3rd Dec 2003, 08:55
My original Oz licence was a small book style thing. The pages were held in with a toggled piece of string. Although rather larger than a card sized licence it was at least small enough to fit in a uniform shirt's breast pocket.

About 10 years ago the authority changed to a plastic credit card licence. One of the best decisions they've ever made. It would now fit in my wallet. So much easier to ensure it was with me when needed.

Should have known sense wouldn't last. They've now switched to a book style licence with plastic sleeves. Of course this version of the book is too large to fit in a pocket. Bloody idiots. :mad: Same size & style as the UK licence. That makes two regulatory idiots. :rolleyes:

slice
3rd Dec 2003, 17:53
Yes the credit card style one was good but if only they had made the medical of plastic as well - can be hard to keep dry up North in the wet. The book is a bit silly but it is just that the NZ one looks sooo easy to forge ! The only distinguishing marks being the light grey coat of arms outline and a CAA signature.:uhoh: