PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

AV8R4
30th Nov 2003, 01:15
Just wondering if anyone has the inside scoop on Wal-Mart Aviation. I can't find any info on their website and from what I have heard, they use some kind of hiring agency to recruit their pilots. If you fly for Wal-Mart or know someone who does, I would appreciate any info that you can provide. Thanks

FWA NATCA
30th Nov 2003, 13:03
Walmart is an anti-union corporation so pilots work as store greeters when they aren't flying.

Mike

njdispatcher
30th Nov 2003, 14:56
AV8R4
Go to http://forums.flightinfo.com , then search the Corp board for Wallmart. They have had quite a few posts about Wallmart in there.

fokkerjet
1st Dec 2003, 08:44
now, now ,now FWA NATCA, we enjoy going over to our local store on Friday nights and watching the INS pick up the illegals working there for less than minimum wage. Or so the papers say!

So how is the Fort doing these days? I used to be based there about 12 years ago before the Corporation shut down the base and moved us away. Now I just get to fly over at FL230, every few days, on the MIZAR3.

AV8R4
1st Dec 2003, 12:36
Hey thanks for the great input guys. I got the info that I needed!

flynverted
1st Dec 2003, 20:27
Not much new here, fokkerjet, near as I can tell. I spent the past several yrs. at RIC, and just returned to FWA about a year ago. Only news I can think of is that there was groundbreaking for a new tower about a month ago.....

Greg

P.S. Mike is gonna give me a tour of the tower as soon as I get off my lazy a$$ and let him know when I'll be there. :rolleyes:

FWA NATCA
2nd Dec 2003, 09:59
fokkerjet,

Everything at FWA is going pretty good. Skip Miller is now the director of SDF, the new clown is anti controllers, anti labour. As for airport operations civil traffic hasn't improved much since 9/11,
the main difference is that we have more RJ's than turbo props, some of the other corporates have moved, others moved in, others gone bankrupt. Tom Kelly built a large hanger for his GLEX and other aircraft. Kitty Hawk is still kicking, and the Guard has completed some major projects.

As someone mentioned we broke ground for a new 200' tower but they haven't moved any dirt or poured any concrete yet.

Don't stay a stranger,

Mike

Check 6
3rd Dec 2003, 19:45
The good news for non-US citizen pilots is that you can fly for Wal-Mart without a visa or green card.

;)

ITFC1
21st Dec 2003, 05:41
Only if you fly for them in Europe do you not need a green card

Check 6
21st Dec 2003, 07:00
ITFC1, you missed the humor (humour). Federal agents recently raided WALMART stores and detained illegal immigrants working there.

;)

ITFC1
21st Dec 2003, 07:05
ahhhh sorry didn't know that, that will teach me, going to say as i fly for them

Flame Out
23rd Dec 2003, 00:31
Doesn't WalMart also owns Tesco Lotus (supermarket chain) in England also??
:rolleyes:

ITFC1
23rd Dec 2003, 01:15
No, They own asda.