PDA

View Full Version : London Gazette

Antelope
29th Nov 2003, 03:36
As far as I'm aware, and correct me if I'm wrong, when you get commissioned your name is 'Gazetted' in the London Gazette the next day.
I graduated yesterday (27 Nov) and so believe that I, with the rest of my course, should have been entered today. The problem is that nowhere where I live sells the London Gazette or will order it. Does anybody know how I could obtain a copy of today's Gazette (28 Nov)... mail order etc? I've seen the Times but would prefer the Gazette.

Thanks,
Ant

Phoney Tony
29th Nov 2003, 03:45
Try

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/index.asp?

Chris Kebab
30th Nov 2003, 23:39
Once upon a time you couldn't walk into an Ante Room in the land without falling over piles of the things!

Have you checked - you might be lucky.

Mach2
1st Dec 2003, 23:42
Graduated on the 27th, and expecting to be Gazetted on the 28th? Dream on!! More likely you'll eventually appear some time in 2004!

Feneris
1st Dec 2003, 23:57
If you're a crab, do you really want everyone to know???

F

tony draper
2nd Dec 2003, 00:04
Oh! that was naughty Feneris.
;)

Bright-Ling
2nd Dec 2003, 00:58
I resigned my RAuxAF Commission in December of last year - and it appeared in the February edition this year.

My service number and name was correct, as was my recent rank. BUT for some reason they said that I reverted back to my old rank of Wg Cdr! (needless to say, I never got near those dizzy heights in the 8 yrs Regular service previously!!)

Am really looking forward to my pension now.......

B-L

glider insider
2nd Dec 2003, 06:45
I bothered to search through for my entry which took a long time... it was approximately two months after graduation...

remember that if you are a university graduate etc then your commission starts on the first day of IOT, not graduation day.

its easiest to do a supplement search with the search criteria Ministry of Defence Supplement, and make sure you refine the date field