PDA

View Full Version : Simple question, who does the cheapest MCC?

Louis Euan
28th Nov 2003, 19:32
The subject says it all!
As the MCC cannot be passed or failed I thought with money a bit scarse at the end of a CPL/IR any MCC course would do!
The cheapest one without loads of research seems to be Multi Flight in Leeds at £1950
Anyone any ideas?

YYZ
28th Nov 2003, 20:04
Multiflight are also doing a special at the moment with a MCC at £1000 (i think), few requirements though...

pa28biggles
28th Nov 2003, 20:48
You can do the MCC at Multiflight for £1000 if you did your CPL, ME & IR with Multiflight.

DB6
29th Nov 2003, 18:16
The Flight Centre (http://www.hgfc.co.uk) at Halfpenny Green also charge £1950. Quite a lot of info on the website.

G-LOST
30th Nov 2003, 03:19
Personal recommendation for Multiflight.

LOST no longer.

Louis Euan
30th Nov 2003, 06:44
Thanks for the replies.

Never thought of The Flight Centre. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND THEM? They seem to do the MCC course in a Piper Cheyenne II (PA31T), Is this a problem when applying for jobs or getting experience in a jet sim?

So at the moment £1950 (multi F and TFC) seems the cheapest, anymore offers?

Come on Guy's we must beable to get it cheaper than this!!!!!!

I can't do it for £1000 because I already have an IR.

Wee Weasley Welshman
30th Nov 2003, 09:35
Find 5 others. Contact several of the smaller MCC providers. Ask for a price for a course of 6 - date flexible. You should be able to get a course for about £1,400 no bother.

Cheers

Louis Euan
30th Nov 2003, 18:05
Excellent idea WWW. I will attempt to do so.

NEXT TOPIC "Is there anyone out there who wants to do an MCC?"

Let's try it!

wingworker
4th Dec 2003, 00:27
Hi Louis,

Myself and one other chap are looking to do an MCC with MCT in early Jan 04; preferably starting 14th Jan.

They run there's on a Tristar and are recommended.

Anybody else interested?

Wingowrker

Hufty
4th Dec 2003, 03:21
I should be finished my flying mid Dec and will be looking to begin an MCC in January. Hoped to do earlier than the 14th, although a nice bulk discount might make me think again!

PM me if you can - although I can't commit to anything........

Chuffer Chadley
4th Dec 2003, 16:30
OK then- if we can get it for under £1500 a head, then I'm in for Jan.

Don't care what sim is used, let's just get this ruddy box ticked.

Ciao!

MVE
8th Dec 2003, 01:38
You should already be able to fly an aeroplane when you start the MCC course but how many of you will have worked in a multi crew environment? If you have to do the MCC (ie you have not been given an excemption) probably very few of you.

Your MCC should not be the cheapest but look for the best training, if you go in with the opinion its just a tick in the box you are dead wrong! It's all about flight deck crew working as a team in a high workload situation. How often have you operated a flight with cabin crew in the back? What should you consider regarding them in an emergency? What does the captain/copilot do to operate the aircraft as a team? What would be a likely SOP for planning/takeoff/emergencies etc

You will be taught skills that the airlines will be looking for in their sim checks and that you will use in your day to day life as a commercial pilot, so treat the MCC with a bit of professionalism and respect rather than just a tick in the box and you'll get a great deal more out of it than just having spent a few quid on a tick in the box!

Cheers...........

Chuffer Chadley
8th Dec 2003, 16:22
MVE

Yes, yes- in an ideal world, we'd all go out and buy the most gucci, full-motion, u-can't-bend-it MCC we could find. However, the difference between these courses can quite easily be £1000.

That's a lot of money, given that:

1) You're being trained to a generic set of SOPs, whoever you do the course with
2) Employers don't seem to care- my best airline contact (who's identity I don't care to disclose) said that it was just a 'tick in the box'.
3) All the courses are accredited by the CAA, and presumably cover the same points, highlight the same pitfalls etc.

Spending unecessary money is neither professional or respectful.

In summary- I'm still up for a cheap MCC!

Cheerio!
Chuffer Chadley

PS: I for one HAVE worked in a multi-crew environment.

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Dec 2003, 17:07
Its a tick in the box.

You won't learn a great deal in the very limited time available. MCC was always meant to be part of the airlines responsibility and if it were it would make a lot of sense.

Valuable funds are best preserved for other uses.

Also I think MCC was and is a right little money spinner for FTO's. When they started you often witnessed 10 people in a room paying £3,000 each for the week being taught some very generic SOP's by some very geriatric ex-obscure airline duffer. Very lucrative way of using a tatty classroom and a tatty 'approved' sim.

Competition means things are probably much better now. Probably.

Cheers

MVE
10th Dec 2003, 02:03
Hi,

I'm an ex/FE and have 5000hrs multi crew experience and I'm excempt the course because of it. My simple point is don't buy a course because it's cheap. Most likely there's a very good reason it's cheap!

Find an MCC using a modern sim and check out the facilities first and confirm you aren't being taught by a geriatric old duffer before you sign up. Go in with a professional attitude and you'll get more out of it.
You may even find an MCC with the same sim you do a check ride out for a job interview.

Cheers.....

andyb79
10th Dec 2003, 04:04
probably a silly question but here goes anyway!

what is an MCC course?

i have seen it metioned several times but never remember to ask what it is when im at my flying school:=

Chuffer Chadley
10th Dec 2003, 18:33
Right!

The arguments about the rights and wrongs of jet/turbo sims for MCC are well rehearsed. In particular on this thread:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73799

We still haven't found the cheapest MCC in the country, tho. Or have we done better than £1950?

Andyb: Not a stupid question- MCC is Multi-Crew Cooperation. About £2k of your own money to jump thro yet another hoop.

Ciao for now.

moggie
12th Dec 2003, 20:55
I shouldn't get involved, but I will.

I agree with MVE about the need for an MCC to be worth the money - and if you can get a good one cheaply then great. MVE has a huge amount of experience in a multi-crew environment - much more relevant than some of the other posters here.

However, potential MCC candidates - I suggest that the people you listen to are not people like:

1: Me - an MCC instructor with much more experience in multi-crew ops than you
2: WWW - an ex-flying instructor with many more hours than you
3: MVE - an ex-FE with much more multi-crew experience than you

as we are all likely to find going into a new multi-crew cockpit pretty easy because of that experience.

I suggest that the people you seek advice from are those who have recently obtained a (frozen) ATPL and having done an MCC course are now through their type rating and have made their way on-line with a relatively low number of hours behind them. THEY should be able to tell you if the MCC course they did was valuable or not. There ARE some of these people out there - I know because I have trained some - so please come forth with your opinions, ladies and gentlemen.

Remember that MCC courses and their providers are like all kinds of training/training provider - there are good and bad, and those two categories do not directly relate to price. Just because one provider did not come up with the goods does not mean that everyone will waste your money.

There are Rolls-Royces and Ford Fiestas out there - but don't forget that a new Fiesta will cost you more than a well cared for, good condition Rolls Royce (I can quote figures if needed!).

robione
3rd Jan 2004, 13:21
Unless im mistaken,getting back to the original post of who does the cheapest,looks like the Midlands based one is the winner at £1950-00, because, althought there is a Northern one for £1950-00 that DOES NOT include V.A.T which at 17.5% takes it to nine qiud short of £2,300-00.

Result -if u want it cheap then head for the midlands cos vat is included at 1950 Bargain.

No dont work there,and im looking at doin it myself in the not to distant future.:ok:Thats assuming you go it alone when you contact them and they fit you in with there program,the other option is get a group together as previously mentioned and barter your way to an even cheaper course.

Good luck to all and a prosperous New Year

NineEighteen
3rd Jan 2004, 16:23
I believe LMU (formerly LGU) price match on MCC courses. I tried checking their website (www.lgu.ac.uk/ca) but it's not working right now.

They certainly used to do it; so it may be worth checking.