PDA

View Full Version : www.becomeapilot.co.uk ?

Grahams
27th Nov 2003, 20:07
Saw the advert in Pilot magazine, looked at the site, deleved a bit deeper (vey badly protected members area!)...

It looks like another one of those "I started out with nothing, now I have a BMW, fully paid for house, etc. etc." get rich quick schemes...

Has anyone ordered the manuals and got anything decent?

High Wing Drifter
27th Nov 2003, 23:47
You're not kidding about the password protection! I would interpret that in it self is a clue to the quality of the material on offer. Surely nobody can take that site and its claims seriously :mad:

jnp
27th Nov 2003, 23:58
I know its cheeky, but I'm not as clued up with IT as you two - any clues???

Busta Level
28th Nov 2003, 03:38
I started out with nothing, now I have a BMW, fully paid for house, etc. etc

Don't knock it -it works. I know from personal experience :D

Granted, the website is a bit dated, but the material you get with the course works if you work at it !

If you just read some of it, then put the manuals aside, you'll gain nothing. After all, nothing in this life comes without hard work.

And, before you ask, I am not connected with 02FO in any way. Just a *very* satisfied ex-student :cool:

Dufwer
28th Nov 2003, 03:50
I bought the 02fo manual a few years ago. Found it to be very informative. Nothing in it that you couldn't get off these forums, but back then I didn't know Pprune existed. The manual gave me loads of ideas about how to get started with training, what to look for in training organisations, and most importantly the psycholigical boost to believe I could do it and change from a maybe to a wannabe. If you already have the self-belief in your potential and have the knowledge of what is required to achieve a CPL/IR with fATPL then it probably won't be of much use.

The down side is all the cr@p get rich quick schemes that come with the package. Apparently we should all be able to pay for our flight training by betting on the Geegees :rolleyes: Yeah, right :hmm:

D

Grahams
28th Nov 2003, 19:09
Here's a random few words and symbols...

if (username == "jape")
var password1 = prompt("What is your 02FO password?","")
if (password1 == "cessna")
alert("Welcome 02FO Member!")

I was all ready to order the manauls as £30 is a drop in the ocean compared to any trainign expenses but after seeign this bit of the site my concenr was the manuals wouldn't be related becomign a pilot at all!

If the manuals are OK and you just get loads fo other bumph then I think I'll have a look.