PDA

View Full Version : Saving sibelius files

Tonic Please
27th Nov 2003, 16:38
Hi..Im back :O

The guy I was helping with Sibelius some might remember, is being very nice to me and writing out some jazz chord progressions for me to play. (Im a grade 8 jazz piano player, and now im developing my own technique etc).

How, if possible, can he save a sibelius file so I can view it in another program, as I have not got sibelius.

Any ideas?? I want to view the score, not necersarily listen to the file. (he can save that to a floppy as a MIDI that isnt a problem.)

Dan

flyingwysiwyg
27th Nov 2003, 22:44
Hi Tonic,

I don't know exactly what Sibelius is, but it sounds like some composing software that will write a music score for you as you play, and or allow you to edit the score direct.

If you just want to view the score:

Assuming there's a print option and he has Adobe Acrobat writer, he could print it to Adobe and then Email it to you as a .pdf.

The slightly less straight forward way would be to give him the model of your printer at home and get him to download the drivers and install them as if the printer was on his system.

He could then choose "print to file" and send you the printer file by Email. You would be unable to open the file on the screen, but you would be able to drag and drop the file onto your printer, and it should print out.

Is it possible to export Sibelius "documents" to anything else?

Just a thought, but I may be well off course!

F - Wyg

I've just tried the "print to file" with another program on my HP Laserjet, and it wouldn't work for some reason, I'm sure its worked before, so it may be worth a go, but don't hold your breath

Last Edited after experiment failed! :{

Tonic Please
27th Nov 2003, 23:16
Is it possible to export Sibelius "documents" to anything else?

Thats my question :}

flyingwysiwyg
27th Nov 2003, 23:40
Hi Tonic,

It seems you can publish to the internet with Sibelius 3 and view and read scores with a free viewer.

Have you looked at the website?

www.sibelius.com (http://www.sibelius.com)

Good Luck,

F - Wyg

Tonic Please
28th Nov 2003, 02:24
Thats bloody useful!! Thanks...ill take a look..

Dan

stickyb
28th Nov 2003, 21:35
There are ways to do it.

If you save the files as native Sibelius files, you can distribute them to anybody by the usual means of floppy, cd, e-mail etc. The recipient can them view them (and play them) using the free Scorch viewer from Sibelius.

Alternately, print them to .pdf files, using Adobe, fineprint or some other piece of sofware. The resultant files, which could be quite big, can then be distributed as normal, and viewed by the free Acrobat viewer (like looking at pages in a book. They canb also be printed, but not played.

Tonic Please
29th Nov 2003, 04:53
Very useful replies. I have passed the answers on. Thanks very much :) :)