PDA

View Full Version : New airspace, check this out...

High Altitude
27th Nov 2003, 06:33
Alot of time has past now since my logbook was stolen/ borrowed.

If it is not destroyed I would like it back or at least the location of where it was dumped.

You can send it via mail to :-
PO Box 41859
Casuarina 0811.

I will send a money order of $500 or arrange cash to anyone who sends my logbook back no questions asked.

Thanks,

SW.

Ang737
27th Nov 2003, 06:47
Good luck I hope the low prick sends it... ;)

Woomera
27th Nov 2003, 06:51
With a $500 reward, you'll probably get heaps of log books returned, including a few extra type endorsements...... :E

W

Tinstaafl
27th Nov 2003, 07:36
What a bastard! Were you ever able to recreate your log?

QSK?
28th Nov 2003, 07:06
Hi HA:

You probably know all this already, but I also lost my logbook about a year ago and I underwent the following procedure to get it restored:

CASA used to be satisfied with you just filling out a stat dec affirming the number of hours, exam results, ratings and endorsements you had under the various categories. Unfortunately, no more!

What CASA does now is write you a letter confirming the number of hours, ratings and endorsements obtained and exam results that they have recorded for you since the last time your licence had to be reissued by CASA for a reason eg new rating, BFR etc.

If you can go back through company/flying school records to update these details (company letterhead and receipts required) since the last recorded date held by CASA, then CASA will update their records and the letter sent to you on the presentation of proof.

The details from the amended CASA letter are then entered into you new logbook and the letter from CASA must also be kept at the back of the new logbook.

I was able to pretty well completely restore my logbook. The only thing I have really missed is the actual details of each flight eg DEP/DEST and some of the innane comments I used to describe some of the more interesting flights!

Hope this helps, mate.

Regards/QSK?

High Altitude
28th Nov 2003, 10:11
Thanks for the advice.

The hours really are not the problem. It is the historical information that is lost that hurts.

Just a refresher the pr*ck stole it from my office...

Lloyd Braun
28th Nov 2003, 12:16
Take this with a grain of salt but.....

Have you turned your office/crew room upside down ?. Maybe the guy hid it thinking you would find it one day.

Maybe behind a filing cabinet / bench / etc.

karrank
28th Nov 2003, 12:45
Erm...... Where does the airspace come in?????

Are you so impressed with the 27NOV NAS changes you're going to crank up the old Travelair and go anD see what BIK looks like from FL175???

High Altitude
5th Dec 2003, 08:58
Thought I might bring it BTTT.

So far no luck... Thanks for all suggestions...

Reward will increase significantly if I have it back before Chrissy.

Woomera
6th Dec 2003, 14:15
What does this thread have to do about airspace High Altitude?

Nothing.

no more misleading thread titles, thanks.

Case closed.