Yak97
26th Nov 2003, 16:27
From the CAA licensing website

Aurigny apply for:

JER-MAN (01 Jan 2004)
JER-BRS (28 Mar 2004)

So, JER-MAN:

Incumbent operator: BA (with DH8)
Proposed Operations: BmiBaby (B737 Loco), FlyBe (146? DH8-400? semi Loco) and now AUR (ATR72?). Crowded or what?

JER-BRS

Incumbent operator: BA (with ERJ)

Also AUR will be starting services to BOH in Mar 2004 with SD3-60.

Seems an lot of expansion in the offng. Perhaps being the nationalised "flag carrier" of Guernsey has got something going for it?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
26th Nov 2003, 17:06
Could this be a matter of getting in before BA gets rid of it`s Dash 8s and being in a good position to become the main operator if BA pull off the route?

Golf India Bravo

White Knight
26th Nov 2003, 20:52
Good luck with it:cool:

Aurigny are one of the best companies I flew for.:ok: :ok:

Mark Lewis
27th Nov 2003, 03:22
I can see the JER - MAN flight for BA going, but it would be interesting to see BAs reaction to the BRS one, as their flights continue on up to Edinburgh after.

MerchantVenturer
1st Dec 2003, 20:51
According to the Bristol Evening Post, flybe are also to commence a BRS-JER route from next March.

They did a Saturday rotation in summer 2002.

Could be a bit of overkill if Aurigny join BA and flybe on this route.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
1st Dec 2003, 21:09
Ok, how do you pronounce Aurigny then? I was at LBA this summer when they were doing a charter to Newquay and the nice lady opened the mic', started to speak, closed it again and then gave it her best shot, pronouncing it, (and I'll write it phonetically) Or-organy. Now that I've thought about it I'd probably go for Or-ee-nay myself. Anyone?

MerchantVenturer
1st Dec 2003, 22:50
I'll go for Aw-ring-ee but I'm no French scholar.

Buster the Bear
1st Dec 2003, 23:01
I was told may years ago: Aureeney.

It would appear, certainly from looking at the FlyBe timetable for summer 2004, that Luton will be without a link to Jersey. The first time in living memory that you will be unable to fly to the island during the summer. Now did state their intentions to serve the route though.

eurostar builder
1st Dec 2003, 23:16
isnt it Or-rig-ney ??:confused:

mmeteesside
1st Dec 2003, 23:21
I go for Or-in-ee.

akerosid
2nd Dec 2003, 01:06
Being an Irishman, I'll have to go for O'Rigney, after the clan of the same name. :D

(Seriously, though, Buster is correct - we call it Aureeney when we like it. Other things when we don't).

As for routes, it is getting rather crowded, but I really would expect BA to pull off it's BRI-JER route pretty soon, and would expect MAN to be close behind. Both MAN and BHX have been high cost routes out of JER, so I hope Flybe has some competition on this route. Maybe Mytravellite could be persuaded to look at JER again?

Things are certainly looking up!

wysiwyg
2nd Dec 2003, 03:05
When I worked there the pronunciation depended on whether you were from Jersey or Guernsey!

If you were from Guernsey you called it oh-ree-knee, if from Jersey oar-in-knee.