PDA

View Full Version : BHD v BFS

Chillwinston
24th Nov 2003, 23:30
BHD v BFS What are the pro's and cons ?

This is specifically for any thread that mentions EasyJet, BFS, BHD to name a few.

CHILLwinston

jumpseater
25th Nov 2003, 21:54
from an airfield operational point of view

BHD restricted hours
BFS H24
BHD Restrictive Airfield layout, parking, taxiways, short runway,
restricted nav aids
BFS Lots of parking, manouvering on the ground is good, two runways, lots of luverly nav aids
BHD near to town
BFS not quite so near to town

I'm sure there are other differences, not least in the commercial deals available from each set of management.

Young Paul
25th Nov 2003, 21:58
Think that pretty much covers it, on the back of experience going to (and staying at) both places.

with alacrity
25th Nov 2003, 22:13
Chillwinston

Check your PM's

with alacrity
25th Nov 2003, 23:25
The greatest advantage that BFS has over it's friendly little rival down the road is that BFS is thankfully fortunate enough NOT to have ALLMCC (The comical Ali of the aviation world) as it's PR spokesman!

ALLMCC
25th Nov 2003, 23:27
Not forgetting

BHD - almost new terminal building
BFS - not so new terminal building (40yrs+)

BHD - Heathrow link
BFS - No Heathrow link

BHD - convenient location, easily accessible rail link, excellent road infrastructure
BFS - not so convenient location, no rail link, not so good road infrastructure.

BHD - choice of low cost & full service airlines
BFS - all low cost/low service (apart from Eastern)

BHD - affluent owners
BFS - not so affluent owners - results announced today - make interesting reading!

Anything else?

With Alacrity

At least you accept BFS has a rival - others don't - does BFS have a spokesperson - oh I forgot, its that young lady from THAT low cost airline - you know, that one that apparently "rules the skies over Ulster"!

Little Blue
25th Nov 2003, 23:30
Or.......on a personal level....
BFS...you've got Lisa Mac....
BHD...Paula.....
...heh heh !

;)

Tower Ranger
26th Nov 2003, 17:22
Chillwinston
Let me try and link all three (Ezy,Bfs,Bhd) together uncontentiously.
Last week I came accross a copy of the autumn edition of Easyjet`s in house news flyer, think its called "Plane Speaking". There was the usual look how great we are bit but there were a couple of features that caught the eye. Firstly news of the A319 UK tour but more interestingly the featured base was BFS and there was a centre page spread , lots of photos and profiles............
So what has this got to do with BHD? Well if you get the chance to see the article you may notice a couple of major cock ups like using the Belfast City Airport logo and the fact that the black and white photo they claim is Aldergrove is Belfast City.
Pros and Cons? All Bhd`s advantages are for the passengers but surely that is the whole idea!

Chillwinston
26th Nov 2003, 17:50
Many thanks for all the replies, even ALLMOUTHS, sorry ALLMCC.

It wasnt the type of thread I had planned, unfortunatley a sad individual had the audacity to ask the moderators to edit the thread, but thats another story and im sure you all know whom I am referring too.

I presume having the two airports trying to attract the same operators and market has its challenges and there must be some rivalry between the two.

with alacrity - Many thanks for the PM and check your mail.

ALLMCC
26th Nov 2003, 18:18
Chillwinston

I think thats why the moderators are there! - in any event its up to THEM not ME to decide if a thread should be edited/deleted - had the position been reversed I'm sure you would have wasted no time in asking for my post to be removed or edited - something to note for the future.

Anyway, to get back to the point, I actually found your comment " I presume having the two airports etc" quite encouraging - in actual fact this is what I have been trying in vain to say all along. Regrettably, others (including yourself) seemed unable to see an argument from both sides and embarked on a campaign of abuse!

Maybe an anger management course might be good idea!

Chillwinston
26th Nov 2003, 19:26
ALLMCC
"Maybe an anger management course might be good idea!" - I'm quite calm thank you very much and your comment is assuming that I am angry, like most things you submit on this forum you are wrong.

"I think thats why the moderators are there! - in any event its up to THEM not ME to decide if a thread should be edited/deleted - had the position been reversed I'm sure you would have wasted no time in asking for my post to be removed or edited - something to note for the future."

That is of course your choice but I think you were a little over the top, as I said it was a tongue in cheek thread but as I presumed you would bleat to the moderators then I have been proved correct.

You are without doubt the most condesending, small minded individual whom I have encountered on this forum and quite off hand with your remarks and I suggest before you get this post edited you take heed and take a good look at your own actions.

You will be glad to know I wont be responding to your next condesending post so like always YOU will get the final say.

Anyway off to my anger management class!

ALLMCC
26th Nov 2003, 20:21
Chillwinston

"you are without doubt the most condesending individual bla..bla" - shades of kettle, pot, black about that remark! By the way, "condesending" is correctly spelt "condescending".

You say you will not reply to any further posts I make - please do once you've been on the course - perhaps they'll teach you that others are democratically entitled to have opinions which differ from your own "I'm always right everybody else is wrong" ones and that there are other ways apart from a violent explosion of emotion to get your point across!

Maybe you should consider a change of career - you'd make a good politician!

Hogg
26th Nov 2003, 20:55
Thanks Guys.

As there wasnt much to discuss there, Ill award BFS 50% and BHD 50%.

Bye Fellas.

Off to my day job now.

Hogg