PDA

View Full Version : Airlift - North Sea?

Quisling Helikopter
25th Nov 2003, 20:12
Have herd Airlift will make a offshore company - do anybody know?

zalt
26th Nov 2003, 03:55
I believe they plan to use one 332L with a permanent heavy lift kit for ad hoc flare tip replacements.

coalface
27th Nov 2003, 17:13
If that is the case they will go out of business quickly. There is not enough underslinging work to keep a Puma occupied full time in North Sea

Taylor Durden
27th Nov 2003, 19:06
I think for the longest time airlift has tried to get out on the offshore marked, they even have their own link on the website for it www.airlift.no , it will be intresting to see how they get on

zalt
28th Nov 2003, 00:22
Coalface - I agree! Rest of the time would be using it on shore.

There are tortuous links between the new Danish offshore company Dancopter, Airlift and a leasing company. Perhaps this better explains the rumour?

zalt
30th Nov 2003, 19:39
One correction: the flare tip work will be done by a 332C

One addition: the company 'involved' with Dancopter and Airlift is Aage Krog's Helicopter Transportation Group.

HTG, formed in 1990, own a 33% stake in Dancopter (the company that won a number of CHC's Danish International's contracts) and had previously acquired SHS, Airlift AB and Osterman Helicopters in Sweden and both Airlift AS and Heliteam in Norway.

thechopper
1st Dec 2003, 04:04
They will succeed if they employ the right tactics; it's not what it costs to do the job , but what you save against conventional methods. Bristows are just to give up commercial winching and u/s work. So you just have to compete against crane barges at £ 150.000 a day or so. Having worked in commercial helicopter lifting I could offer some advice. There's a lot of money out there from the oil companies if they can't play the ordinary operators against each other. Hope Airlift does well to screw the F...ers.:yuk: