PDA

View Full Version : Xbox or PS2

Sikpupi
25th Nov 2003, 15:47
Hi

A bit off the usual subject.... but the kids want either an XBox or PS2 for Christmas

Any one got any advice as to which is better and why!

Ta

(and of course ....I'll be playing with it as well...why should the kids get all the fun!!)

Naples Air Center, Inc.
26th Nov 2003, 01:07
Sikpupi,

Both the PS2 and the XBox have their Pros and Cons.

The major complaint about the PS2 is from programmers. The PS2 is one of the hardest consoles to program for.

The major complaint about the XBox is the lack of game titles. (Even though it is easier to program for.)

Your best bet is finding out which games your kids want to play, (since I am guessing you are going to give them some games along with the console), and that should help decide which one to get.

Take Care,

Richard

25F
26th Nov 2003, 13:45
Get the one that'll give them access to the most games, i.e. the one that all their mates have got and they can swap titles with. I'm hoping it won't be Xbox, but that's just something personal between me and Mr. Gates.

P.Pilcher
27th Nov 2003, 00:27
Nothing changes does it? From the dawn of computing I have always been told that the principle is to find the software (ie games) you want to use (play) and then find the hardware that will run it!

Anyone for the Great Adventure or Zork? (XYZZY!)

P.P.

Front_Seat_Dreamer
27th Nov 2003, 02:46
I have both and the X-Box blows the Playstation away when it comes to graphics hence the reason the PS2 sits gathering dust mostly.

There are ten times as many PS2 games out there but that means that there are also many many rubbish ones too.

Ask the kids what games they prefer and take it from there then go to one of the big toy retailers and buy one of the bundles on offer at the moment.

25F I can see your point but at the moment M$ have to take a hit on every console they sell so I am not lining his already bulging pockets.