PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Flying Scene

Serengeti
24th Nov 2003, 11:55
Hey all,

Travelling to Melbourne again and wishing to get some info on some recommended places to go and visit for the opportunity to complete a renewal there.

Anyone think of a good place to go; cheep/efficient/possibility of ICUS if an endorsement is completed there also?

S

Ang737
25th Nov 2003, 05:53
Check you PM....

Ang ;)

scrambler
25th Nov 2003, 06:11
Bini's is the best place to do your renewal.

Quality of the Renewal should be your number one priority.

Don't know of anyone offering ICUS ect.

tipan13
29th Nov 2003, 07:33
on the topic of flying in melbourne any one have any suggestions
on the best place to do M.C.I.R at Essendon?

Ang737
1st Dec 2003, 05:19
Tipan

Depends on your budget and expectations I guess. There are a few schools to choose from.

NAT - Good quality instructors training is done on a Dutchess and they have a great sim. Cost though is around the 10K mark.

Crest Aviation - Low cost. They cross hire a Dutchess. Good Sim. Dubious on quality

Interair - Not sure give them call and speak to Nishy

Wings - Operate a seminole, not too sure on cost or quality.

Pearsons - Good from what I hear, not sure on cost or aircraft.

If you can spare the time to go to Moorrabin you can't look past Peter Bini Advanced Flight Training purely for the quality of instruction you will recieve. I would be looking at a school that does a lot of sim work for procedures to keep the costs down...

Good luck with the rating hope this helps...

Ang ;)

Ash767
1st Dec 2003, 06:11
tipan13

I concur with ANG737. Have a look at Peter Bini Advanced Flight Training. I travelled down from Sydney and did my rating there, well worth the trip. My Instructor was mainly Pete Bishop a really good IF instructor. Steve Pearce is the CFI there and very experienced.

Ash767:ok:

smiling monkey
1st Dec 2003, 08:54
I saw VH-NCE departing MB for Avalon on Saturday. Anyone know who operates this a/c now? Used to be Schutts some ten years ago when I last flew this aircraft ... a very well IFR equipped PA44!

Ang737
1st Dec 2003, 11:50
hi smiling

NCE is operated by Royal Vic Aero Club at YMMB. I did my IFR test in it in March this year. Their number is 95800088. Costs approx $258 per hour solo... If your looking at doing some hours and cost sharing send me a PM....

Cheers
Ang
;)