PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist Check for Uncle Helen

Runaway Gun
24th Nov 2003, 05:40
Understandable given the dodgy appearance of the NZ PM....
How dare she come up with a new 'Strike Capability' now that the Skyhawks (and future F-16s) are no more.

Aust Subjects Clark To Terrorist Check
24/11/2003 10:43 AM
NewstalkZB

Australia is suffering a major diplomatic embarrassment after customs officers searched Prime Minister Helen Clark for explosives.

http://xtramsn.co.nz/homepage2/imageView/0,,1672314,00.jpg

The incident happened at Sydney Airport late last month.

Miss Clark was given a body scan with a new explosives detection device to make sure she was not a bomb-carrying terrorist.

The Prime Minister has confirmed the incident took place, but says she did not object to it.

But she says that if it had happened to John Howard in New Zealand, there would have been an uproar across the Tasman.

West Coast
24th Nov 2003, 12:40
If the pilots who flew the plane had to, why not the passengers also.

Felix Lighter
24th Nov 2003, 16:09
Helen was in her university days and early political life a militant pacifist and anti war campaigner. She protested against the US and her allies on many occasions.

IF she lived in the US today (and possibly Aust) there is no doubt that she would be on a "watch list" for air travel.

Is there anything that exempts politicians from the same security measured afforded to all passengers. I think not.

After all it was the politicians that brought in the regulations.....seems a bit rich to moan about how they can inconvenience you when they are applied.

But this is the same Helen Clark who moved mental health patients back into the community and then cancelled project to establish a half way house in her own suburb. (Might have effected her house value). She is a NIMBY of the highest calibre.

What are the odds on someone as 2-faced...getting 2 ugly ones?

I personally have more concerns about the personnel who had to frisk her........ is that deformity contagious.

Que - Fox3Snapshot (check your PMs)

NIMBY - Not In My Back Yard

BlueWolf
25th Nov 2003, 13:23
Talkback here is full of it. Most of the hosts appear to be pushing the perfectly reasonable line that it is all about respect, and that the visiting Prime Minister of an ostensibly friendly country should do be subject to such disrespect.

Most of the callers, however, and I agree with them, are of the opinion that it is all about respect, and since Helen Clark doesn't have any respect for anyone else, she can't expect any in return.

"She" has made a mockery of New Zealand and of the spirit and tradition of democracy. I say, good on the Aussies.

Respect is something which is earned. No, the visiting Prime Minister of an ostensibly friendly country should not be subject to disrespect - if that person is worthy of respect. God knows the office itself has a tenuous enough grasp on the concept.

Samuel
25th Nov 2003, 13:43
I have absolutely no respect for her, her politics, her sleaze, her arrogance, or her government; I especially have no respect whatsoever for the damage she is doing to the country.

Good on you Oz!:ok:

The Nr Fairy
25th Nov 2003, 20:15
Someone must know ! Did they find any male genitalia during the search ?

Runaway Gun
26th Nov 2003, 20:08
Fairy, I doubt anyone would even wanna even look in that general region (including her 'hubby'). :yuk: