PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Champions

aluminium persuader
22nd Nov 2003, 20:17
YEEESSSSS !!!!!

Well, guys, you tried hard and gave us a few frights. Scrappy game, but had me on the edge of my seat. Anyway

ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

:ok:

EngineOut
22nd Nov 2003, 20:30
I am a die hard rigby fan and have benn since the day I first played the game as a young fella through to my early twenties.

We were defeated, and by the better side on the day. England, to there credit, didn't play the boring rugby that we are used to England playing. Of course Jonny, did his bit, but he is part of the 15, and if he scores England scores!

Finally, it took those pommies 16 years to get the William Webb Ellis into the northern hemisphere, but it will be back down here before too long!!!

Next time we will have to come up with something better than 'walzing watilda' to compete with 'swing low etc'. I didn't hear the aussie crowd through the box once tonight!!!

If you think we are land full of criminals, why do you come here in such numbers you dreary mob!!!

aluminium persuader
22nd Nov 2003, 20:39
Duuuhh! Cos being bad is so much more fun.

Anyway, Matilda may be a boring girl, but God save etc ain't exactly kicking, is it? Reckon we should adopt Land of Hope & Glory, or maybe Jonny B Good!

:)

StressFree
22nd Nov 2003, 21:56
EngineOut,
'Dreary mob' - have some respect mate - you're talking about the World Champions. :ok:

The mighty English have prevailed. :E

BOEINGBOY1
22nd Nov 2003, 22:26
Dam good game, but - oh well !!!!

Jerricho
23rd Nov 2003, 00:02
At least it wasn't the Kiwis!!

Congrats to England. 37 years between Cups is a long time.

Yellow Snow
23rd Nov 2003, 01:18
How nice it was of the Quantas crew last night to offer their comisserations (spelling?) in advance!:=

Kiss my face:D

Jerricho
23rd Nov 2003, 02:23
Come on dude, if your gonna heap sh*t, at least spell it right.

100 times now....QANTAS. If you need some help, look over towards T4!!!

Eurocap
23rd Nov 2003, 02:49
What a match. Congrats England. Well done Aus. What a formidable opposition. Bad Luck you couldn't pull it off.

Rich-Fine-Green
23rd Nov 2003, 03:45
Great Game. Both teams played well with England deservably taking the silverware.

England can now dust off the trophey cabinet. The brag wall has been empty for some time.

At least the League boys have brightened up my Sunday with a 3-0 Ashes result.

18-12 after being down 06-12 with 5 minutes to go.

Oh well, on to the Davis Cup.

proplever
23rd Nov 2003, 03:50
As a matter of fact, the League Test Series went to us 3-0.

But well done to England in the union. They played fantastically throughout and they deserve the win...

Loc-out
23rd Nov 2003, 03:59
I am just rejoicing in the fact that Aust didn't win. Well done England!!!:D

QNIM
23rd Nov 2003, 04:26
Gday
Come on you guys at least it was a great and close game.
Well done poms
Cheers Q :ok:

slamer
23rd Nov 2003, 07:37
League results...........who cares!

Great game................Yes!

Ohhh how sweat it was to see the Aussies lose in the final seconds, now many times have the AB's lost to the Aussies in that fashion. (lot's)

At least the Wallabies and Kiwi's can now both be LOSERS.

Congrat's England! well deserved

anti-skid
23rd Nov 2003, 07:54
The best game of rugby Ive seen in a looong time!

Drop goals need to worth 1 point (not that that would have
changed the outcome)

The funniest moments were the english fumbles approaching
the unfamiliar chalk line!:D

Sheep Guts
23rd Nov 2003, 09:44
You poms better give yourTEAM the biggest victory parade since WW11 when they get back ,they deserve it, World Champions.

Totally deserved victory to ENGLAND. Unmatchable performance.

Every England Team MEMBER made the difference it wasnt just the Kicker.

The English Fowards did the hard yards last night. Thats what lynched it for you and Australia was playing catch up football which doesnt work Much. Both Back lines have the Talent.

If only Australia could go back in time and have Michael Lynagh instead of Flatley, who played well, But is kicking range told the story in the end.

Well done England long break between drinks, victory musty be sweet.

I also believe some of Australias League imports to Rugby are being carried so to speak, I think especailly Sailor. The ARU must be bound into a "financial no out" with him. Sad really

WELL DONE ENGLNAD. PLAYED HARD RAN STRONG!

I never heard "AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE "ALL NIGHT.

Sheep

Lurcher Man
23rd Nov 2003, 12:33
Dust one off, fill her up and get out there!

aluminium persuader
23rd Nov 2003, 18:24
News just in...

Mrs Wilkinson had gone shopping in Newcastle (the English one, that is!) and was getting her groceries in Tesco when someone told her of Jonny's championship kick!

A 4-pack of baked beans & the Webb-Ellis trophy, please!

Beanz meanz Wilkz?

:D

EngineOut
23rd Nov 2003, 19:11
Slamer,

I agree, who cares about the league! Stupid boring bloody game.. 5 tackles, kick, and so much for the"scrums". The only time there is any variation is when somebody drops a ball.

One of the best games of rugby I have ever seen. And a great performance by the wallabies, even though you watched. It took until the last 28 seconds of the 20 minutes extra time for them to beat us. But well done England, you were the better team of the whole tournament! (But I still don't like you):8
:ouch:

aluminium persuader
24th Nov 2003, 00:43
Ah, yes. But our brains were befuddled with the amount of Neighbours & Home & Away you ******s sent us.

Kylie was alright, though.

Yeah, we're happy with Kylie

Oh yes, Kylie...!

(must snap out of it!)

EngineOut
24th Nov 2003, 08:55
AP,

We only send it because you idi0ts pay for it!!! I agree it is crap.

And don't forget that Samoa, with a national poulation of just 180,000 gave England a run for their money who have a RUGBY PLAYING population of over 500,000.

And I'll never forget, after we beat the lions a couple of years ago hearing a whinging pommie giving an excuse to his other pommie mate, "well it is hardly fair, look at the size of Australia compared to the UK". In his theory Antarctica should have beaten the Lions! Someone should tell him it is all about quality!!!;)

Counter-rotation
24th Nov 2003, 10:00
We (the "colonials") have gotta let you win sometimes - keeps you interested!!
(How's that for a windup?!)
;)
CR

anti-skid
24th Nov 2003, 10:50
Ditto counter-rotation ;)

Bill O'Average
24th Nov 2003, 11:52
Cheers guys! Great to hear you lot being gracious in defeat. I'm sure we can return the favour soon!!

Thanks again, a pleasure to play you chaps in the final.

Now if only we can get the yanks to play this blokes game as opposed to the girly 'American Footy, armour plated pussies game'.

That would make it sweet!

Hands up who would want to drop an NFL player at the half way line?

Yellow Snow
24th Nov 2003, 19:44
Jerricho,
I'm sorry about spelling KWANTUS incorrectly, I got caught up in the moment.!

As a prisoner of her majesty i can only hope that if the result had been the other way round we'd've been as gracious as the majority of Aussies on this board and elsewhere.:ok:

aluminium persuader
24th Nov 2003, 21:12
Hey, Engineout

Ok, more fool us for buying them! Re. Samoa, don't confuse the stats for "those who say they play rugby" with "those who really do play rugby"!

Anyway, when are you guys going to start playing foottie? That would be fun.

What about an inter-airline cup?

:ok:

Soup Dragon
25th Nov 2003, 00:39
Just made an arrival PA into LHR, taking England rugby fans home:

"Welcome to England, home of the Rugby World Cup"

Couldn't hear ATC for 3 mins!!!!

What a game, showpiece for world rugby for years to come.

EngineOut
25th Nov 2003, 12:33
AP,

if the "footie" you are referring to is soccer, then I think you should have a look at the result from earlier this year, I think you'll find we beat ya, ha ha! For a game that doesn't even get televised down here, we did alright!

aluminium persuader
25th Nov 2003, 17:19
Engineout -

Oops! There was something in the back of my mind...must have blocked it from my memory!

Still, and inter-line cup would be a hoot, wouldn't it? What about Qantas v. ANS?