PDA

View Full Version : Jobs down south. HIGH(ISH) TIME.

Highbypasss
22nd Nov 2003, 07:21
Hi all. It's been a long time.

My details are 1600 TT, multi comand 200, Navajo Cheiftain 120 TT, total command 1420, total night 110, total IF 80. I know there are a few mobs down south with PA31, ie Brindabella.

Does anyone know about these companies and wheather they'll take someone with my experience? Please message me with any other companies that you know of that would suit.

Thanks............................H.:cool:

Capt crankcase
22nd Nov 2003, 08:18
highbypass, you could try air south in adelaide as they operate a pa31 on a night freight between adelaide and kingscote and pt. lincoln. the bloke you want to talk to is mike kohn (i think that is how u spell is name) he is the owner and i believe he is the cp. he seams like a pretty good bloke who has given alot of guys a start. The other people coukld look at would be emu airways as they operate chieftians on rpt between ad and kingscote. got no idea of the conditions but it could get a bit reperative just driving between ad and ksc.

G11
25th Nov 2003, 06:06
Emu don't have Chieftains or any other pistons. They have 2 Beech 1900s.

Air South requires 500hrs ME PIC and endorsements on their other twins aswell, B58 and C404. Also Bandit and King Air would be handy.

Highbypasss
25th Nov 2003, 19:37
Thanks heaps to Cc and G11.

Any more ideas? I need to get out of this :mad: place...!...

................................H.:cool:

Luke SkyToddler
25th Nov 2003, 22:13
Check your pm's mate

Capt crankcase
27th Nov 2003, 11:14
G11 i think u will find that EMU have 3 PA31-350 and 2 402B as well as the 2 beech 1900C and as for Air south needing 500 ME PIC i think that is a little rich as i have known lots oif guys that have had a start there with heaps less than that, but the pay was cr@p once they accutally got paid.

G11
27th Nov 2003, 14:11
Capt Crankcase,

I am right, Emu DON'T have any piston aircraft anymore. They sold the last 402 two months ago. Air South may have employed people with less then 500 multi in the past but I have been told that they are sticking to that for the moment. I've heard the pay is ok for what you do and its there every fortnight.

Get your facts straight, and ask those guys you know who work there what it was like. Obviously you have no idea.

:D

Highbypasss
27th Nov 2003, 18:43
Is "Air South" the same as "Airlines of South Australia"? And therefore, do you apply through Air North (as they are the new owners)?

Thanks again fellas............

...........................................H:cool:

Highbypasss
29th Nov 2003, 16:37
Still no answer to my question........

Anyone? Air South? Airlines of South Australia? Same mob? Different mob? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?.................................................Bue ller?........

...........................................H.:cool:

Natit
29th Nov 2003, 16:54
Air South is different to Airlines of SA/Air North

N

Stopsallstations
13th Dec 2003, 14:11
All administration for Airlines of South Australia is now through Air North, only a recent change.:D