PDA

View Full Version : Was that you In the Hawk today

Barshifter
22nd Nov 2003, 03:40
Just wondering if it was you in The Hawk today flying in the Lake District who flew over the hangar roof (Private Airfield) at about 200ft AGL after doing a low fly through at Carlisle(EGNC) then departing to the south over us.

Cheers

Barshifter

Hercules Grytpype Thynne
22nd Nov 2003, 04:32
Beware chaps this thread isnt what it appears to be.

From the Private Flying Forum

BarshifterYep that was this morning.I decided to stay on the deck for 10 mins longer at the private airfield I fly from only to then witness a Hawk trainer fly over the hangar roof at about 200 ft AGL.

Barshifter
23rd Nov 2003, 03:56
Hercules

Well spoted!!

No alterior motive here Im afraid.I have been accused of stiring the sh*t before on the pprune but not this time.This did happen and I was just trying to let people(mainly Pilots) know of the Airfields existance in a round about sort of way.If you look at the new Charts the place in question is on there for all to see.

Common you know you want to.!!!

Cheers

Barshifter
(now standing back having lit the blue touch paper)

Pub User
23rd Nov 2003, 05:08
New chart? Would that be a military Low-Flying chart or something different that the Hawk pilot didn't have?

Does the airfield have an ATZ, or is it a 'see and avoid' aerodrome? Are you assuming the Hawk pilot didn't know it was there, or are you content that he saw that there was nothing to avoid?

What are you trying to say?

By the way, dictionaries are available at all good bookshops.

Jackonicko
23rd Nov 2003, 08:43
igknor himm he hav a alterior mootiv. Hee hav shairs inn thu dikshunry kumpanny.

Dan Winterland
23rd Nov 2003, 19:03
A minimum of 250', shoorly!