PDA

View Full Version : 15 hour cpl in florida OFT, EFT, Delta.....?

Louis Euan
22nd Nov 2003, 00:38
The question is which one?
There has been much written about OFT and EFT in Fl. I have not seen a hell of a lot written about Delta but the guy on the other end of the phone sounds nice so it must be a good school.
I went to OFT for a ME rating and found them very good, however the slot times were often changed and it took longer than i thought.
They all seem about the same price and the exchange rate is good. Price is not everything but a good school will get it done cheaper with less hours i suppose.
Delta is based in Sanford which saves a little money as there is no taxi or car hire costs just get a charter flight straight into Sanford and there atre shuttle buses to and from the accomodation.
OFT says 10days EFT says allow 3weeks to be safe and Delta 2 weeks. It is a 15hour CPL!
Any thoughts on which is best???

I know there is a great thread on a CPL diary from EFT at the mo I just wanted opnions about the other schools as well.

Cheers

Send Clowns
22nd Nov 2003, 01:55
Do you have an IR? Assuming you are talking JAR then unless you do the CPL is 25 hours. Not sure people can be helpful without that sort of detail of what you require, or the reasons you wish to fly in the US rather than the UK!

Louis Euan
23rd Nov 2003, 00:16
Yes the 15 hour "JAR" CPL is because I have an IR and
Florida because it is cheaper and quicker at this time of year.

FlyingForFun
23rd Nov 2003, 07:49
EFT say to allow 3 weeks for the 25-hour CPL. If they're quoting you 3 weeks, I would guess that they probably didn't understand that you have the IR already - it might be worth giving them a call to clarify that with them?

FFF
-------------

Louis Euan
23rd Nov 2003, 16:40
FFF they did know I had an IR but said 3 weeks to be safe and 2 weeks should be ok.
PS great CPL diary! It is certainly informative reading and I am sure will help me when I start.
Cheers
Do you plan on doing your IR with EFT?
Or may be an FIR?

FlyingForFun
24th Nov 2003, 09:25
Not sure, Louis. The main reason for going the US was to cut down the time it takes, so that I could fit it into my annual leave from work. But the IR is far less affected by the UK weather, and the FI course is sufficiently long enough that the only way I could do it would be to quit my job, so there's no reason for me to head out this way for either of them.

Glad you're finding the diary useful though :ok:

FFF
-----------