PDA

View Full Version : Request for Gulf Air B767 Crews

Australia2
21st Nov 2003, 20:24
Greetings All,

I have just been contacted re; recruitment for Bahrain based B767 employment (F/O) and would greatly appreciate info regarding the following:
- Is the employment in Bahrain or more likely for the new operation in Abu Dabi ?
- Having served your time, the likelyhood of promotion within the airline.
- A realistic appraisal of the salary/living expenses involved.

I would greatly appreciate anyone in the know who might take the time to assist and supply some suggestions. I have tried the pprune search, and am unable to locate what I need.

Kind regards,

A2

middlepath
27th Nov 2003, 20:34
dont waste your time applying there.
They are paying peanuts to get monkeys.

Bagshaw Crusher
27th Nov 2003, 21:22
Australia 2

Don't , whatever you do, leave a job to come to the Middle East as an F/O unless it is Emirates.

Qatar and Gulf are suffering large turnover of pilots due very poor conditions- pay and housing.

PM me for an honest appraisal.

On promotion-lies damn lies. Do not trust your career on the Middle East except Emirates!

The CEO of Gulf Air and the other Managers enticed a lot of pilots to Gulf Air on the basis of NO Direct Entry Commands.

Have a look at the website. You will never be promoted in Gulf Air sadly. That is why I left after discovering I had been professionally lied to.

Colleagues still at Gulf have told me that most F/O's have woken up and in the process of arranging other employment.

Management revealed Direct Entry Commands but said in a memo that these pilots on 12 month contracts only. Those contract pilots have been told a job for as long as they want!!!

Australia2
28th Nov 2003, 17:40
Thanks to both for the info provided, my suspicions confirmed. Thanks for the offer Bagshaw, I will send you a PM.

Regards A2