PDA

View Full Version : off to Ma Bell, any thoughts, suggestions

rotorboy
21st Nov 2003, 09:45
So fellas,
I am off to Ma Bell in the great state of Texas just after turkey day and was wondering if any of you have been there before have any suggestions of anything I should ask the IP to demonstrate or show me in the 206.

I have a little time in a 206, and will be flying both the 206bIII and and 206l1/3 full time after I complete the course.

also any thoughts on were a guy could view some outstanding scenery while enjoying a cold one one evening after school? Isnt the dallas area famous for this!

Thanks RB

I am so excited to be flying a helicopter full time that goes tick, tick, tick, woossh when you start it , rather than one that goes rrrhhh rghrhh (cough) rrroooom:ok:

BlenderPilot
21st Nov 2003, 10:16
I really don't know about special manuvers to be demonstrated by your IP, maybe some reverse autorotations, but I don't know if they are allowed to do these in TX.

BUT WHAT I DO KNOW ABOUT IS "The Men's Club" go there for lunch, I suggest you get across to FlightSafety and ask who's going there for lunch and go along for the ride!

Aesir
21st Nov 2003, 16:14
You´r gonna have a good time. I did my B-206 rating there in ´91. All the IP´s are really good and friendly bunch.

My IP was Benny, he´s still there meet him in august ´02. He would show unbelivable stunts in the 206 for a R-22 pilot.

He would autorotate to a predetermined spot pointed out by me, then delibaretely overshoot... and then backup to the spot and land, all with the throttle in flight idle wauuuwww...!

We´ll now I have myself over thousand hours in the 206 and its not as impressive now, but still the 206 is really great.

"Blender pilot" has got it right, you must go to the Mens club of Dallas or The Lodge. Go over to the Flight Safety people next door ask for Chuck Yeager sim instructor, he´ll take you there. They´re really frindly people there.

Just don´t take your wife along, she´s is probably (unless you´r real lucky!) not going to appreciate lunch beiing served to you by beatyful almost naked girls.. hehehe...

B Sousa
21st Nov 2003, 21:29
For sure you can party, however while your there make the best use of your time. Take anything that Bell gives for free ....Try and get some extra training manuals for the 206 L series, 407, maybe even a 205. They guard those things like they are trade secrets.
Also in the training, its your big chance to do any kind of Autorotation you can imagine. Try the 500' OGE hover etc.
They have some great Instructors there who have done it all. The rest of the manuvers you can pretty much do anywhere, but this is the best shot at touchdowns, do as many as you can.
Run-ons, Fixed Pitch T/R all that stuff that owners dont want to do with their aircraft....
Then you can party......